Time: October 17, 2010 from 2pm to 4pm
Location: Nativity Episcopal Church
Street: 6700 West 83rd Street
City/Town: Los Angeles, CA 90045
Website or Map: http://www.easybirthing.com &…
Event Type: educational, lecture/open, discussion, with, natural, childbirth, experts
Organized By: Marie-Paul Baxiu, Amy Tinney and Sarah Shealy
Latest Activity: Sep 30, 2010
Discover why so many parents are choosing natural childbirth to bring their baby into the world!
Scientific Research on how pregnancy and birth impact brain development, behaviors and physical health will be shared. There will be movies as well as a live panel of
speakers presenting this body of work.
* Pre-Peri Psychology: How your life's Experiences, including your own birth, impact the nature of how you will feel towards giving birth yourself.
* How your daily life experiences shapes the brain development of your baby.
* How your nutrition can literally create not only physical health, but behavioral patterns.
* How nurturing yourself at every level mind/body connection can give you the best outcome to birth a healthy baby.
THE OUTCOME AND BENEFITS
* Hospital birth versus home birth (pros and cons).
* Mother/Father bonding from the womb forward.
* Breastfeeding, self attachment
* Skin to skin contact.
* Co-sleeping and so much more…
Marie-Paul Baxiu, C.C.H., I.C.E., C.R., Birth Doula certified in Neo-natal Resuscitation, a Clinical certified Hypnotherapist & Independent Childbirth Educator has been serving the greater Los Angeles area for the last 20 years in private practice, helping parents both in hospital and home settings.
Amy Tinney, CPM, LM. RN
Amy is a licensed midwife and registered nurse who has been working with birthing families in and out of the hospital since 1990. She received her midwifery license from the California Medical Board in 2009.
Sarah Shealy, CNM, IBCLC, (Breastfeeding Expert)
Sarah is a Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Midwife, Lactation Consultant, and mother of two amazing girls. She has served women and caught babies in both home and hospital settings since 1995. Sarah has caught over 800 babies during her career.
Space is limited so we are requesting a $25 deposit to hold your seat -
ADMISSION IS FREE-
YOUR DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE AT THE DOOR!!!
To make reservations: Call 310-901-9440 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org