Approved for 1.9 NASM credits and 6 NCSF credits
Participants will leave the course with an in depth understanding of EXERCISE, CORE-BREATHING, and STRESS applicable to Pre & Post Natal Clients. Major areas of focus include:
- Benefits of exercise during pregnancy that prevent complications and cause stunning health benefits to both mom and baby.
- Detriments of the lack of exercise during pregnancy.
- A comparison of modern childbirth trends and research compared to historical, ancient and natural wisdom.
- Core “Inner Unit” training, particularly understanding the Diaphragm, Transverse Abdominis, and Pelvic Floor muscles.
- Formal Pre/Post Natal Corrective Exercise Assessment, both novice and master approaches in functional training.
- Program Design and Periodization before and after delivery. “Sport (Pregnancy) Specific” Labor Training® and Belly Training®.
- Preventing, correcting, and supporting common pregnancy and postpartum challenges like diastasis recti, symphasis pubis disorder, varicose veins, lying supine, post-partum depression, C-section rehabilitation.
- The role of proper breathing in detoxification, mindfulness, correcting muscle imbalances, and preparing for birth.
- Understanding sympathetic and parasympathetic hormonal pathways and techniques for calming the mind and de-stressing.
- Expected weight gains, losses, and the big picture for returning the new mom to her pre-pregnancy body.
- Connecting and empathizing with the “inconvenience” of being a new mom amidst a modern world increasingly centered around convenience.