Hospital Birth (56)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An Obstetrician's Lament - The Unnecesarean

Check out this latest blog post from The Unnecesarean.  It features an article written by an obstetrician that is a must read!   http://www…

Started by MyBestBirth Admin

0 May 10, 2011

Every Week Counts Campaign Raises Awareness About Dangers Of Electively Induced Labor

With back pain, insomnia and fingers so swollen they can barely hold a fork for the rare meal that doesn’t result in massive heartburn,…

1 May 6, 2011
Reply by Mel

The Truth About Fetal Distress

Electronic Fetal Heart monitoring (EFM) is the most common obstetric procedure performed in the United States. Intended to determine the ba…

2 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Kassedi

Natural Birth in Hospital - Post Birth Concerns

For those of you who had successful natural births in a hospital, what were your experiences with the hospital staff and pediatricians duri…

Started by vbright

12 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Dixon Doula

The Push to End Birth Rape

The trauma of birth is often dramatized to frightening effect (see the movie still above): screaming, swearing and threats of violence are…

5 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by Alyssa Hult

Reasons to avoid an epidural

Hi Everyone,   I had 2 natural, midwife-assisted births. The second one, the birth of my daughter, was a home birth.   My sister-in-law is…

Started by Christine Hewlett

9 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by Natasha

Sent home with an open C-section

Hello all, I am posting to get some advice and communal alarm on how a friend of a friend was treated in the hospital. I apologize for not…

Started by Keely Jackson

13 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Nicole A. Tucker, Lic. LCC

VBAC after previous failure to progress from 4 days induction

Has anyone had a home VBAC after a failure to progress from induction?

Started by Meredith Sullivan

6 Jan 12, 2011
Reply by Meredith Sullivan

Seeing my hospital experience in a new light....

Well, I thought it was pretty traumatic, anyway, and I wanted to share and see if anyone else had experienced something like this.   I want…

Started by Sally Treanor

8 Jan 9, 2011
Reply by Sara

planned homebirth at sixteen birth story

On September 16 around 11:00pm after me and my partner got done fooling around I started having what I thought were really strong braxton…

Started by Kassedi

2 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Samantha

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service