All Discussions Tagged 'cesarean' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Homebirth that ends in Cesarean

I love this site and I am a big fan of the film TBOBB. I planned a homebirth, part of which was influenced by my viewing of the film. I'm s…

Started by Ann J

2 May 8, 2013
Reply by Moeisha

Preterm birth 3 times more likely and c section 4 times more likely if a pregnant woman's vitamin D serum level is less than 20 ng/mL (very common) Vitamin D screening is NECESSARY during pregnancy!

Consider the potential... preterm birth 3 times more likely and c section 4 times more likely if a pregnant woman's vitamin D serum level i…

Started by Jen Aliano

0 Jun 13, 2012

VBAC Waterbirth in hospitals...what is the deal??

OK, it's time for a movie to be made about VBAC's, now that Ricki and Abby have scratched the surface with "The Business of Being Born."  D…

Started by Michelle Willis

10 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Michelle Willis

Talking to Friends who Totally Trust the Birth Industry

I am not a birth professional, just a friend who wants to help my pg friends.I need your input!  I know a lot of Moms who want to "go natur…

Started by Shari W

41 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Shari W

NY Times: Cesarean rate in the US at an all time high

Yet another article out on the rising C-Section rate... http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/health/24birth.html?ref=health

Started by MyBestBirth Admin

1 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by askyourfriendkira

New study - elective cesareans without a medical indication - too risky

It might well be a new study but it's nothing new to anyone familiar with the risks of a planned cesarean without medical indications. htt…

Started by Tracy Donegan

4 Jan 13, 2010
Reply by Tracy Donegan

Defensive Medicine+Cesarean Section=No Insurance?

So I just read another article giving doctors sympathy for "having" to practice defensive medicine to avoid lawsuits. There is nothing, and…

Started by Susan B.

4 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by KM

"Pit to Distress"

There are ripples in the birthing blogosphere due to the term "pit to distress", where a provider intentionally creates fetal distress with…

Started by Susan B.

6 Jul 15, 2009
Reply by Mandy Hand

Quick Facts on Vaginal Birth After Cesarean from vbacfacts.com

If you have had a cesarean, your next baby can be born vaginally safely. This is called a VBAC or vaginal birth after cesarean. The risk…

Started by Jen vbacfacts

0 May 11, 2009

NYS Supporters of Midwives: Drop the WPA!

For seventeen years, midwifery practices in NY have been governed in part by a “Written Practice Agreement”, set to ensure that midwives co…

Started by Rachel

2 May 7, 2009
Reply by Rachel

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service