All Discussions Tagged 'insurance' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paying for a Birth Center Birth

I am trying to get pregnant currently and I have been looking into my options for birthing centers or home birth and calling my insurance c…

Started by Neisha Emerson

0 Mar 25

Getting Insurance to Pay for Homebirth

I am trying to get my insurance to count our home birth fees as in-network, applying it to our deductible and then paying what will go over…

Started by Rachel Hiser

12 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by Kaitlin Rose

New Law Mandates Vermont Insurers Cover Midwife Services!

A huge step in the right direction! Hooray for Vermont! May other states quickly follow suit!   http://www.wcax.com/story/14672672/new-law-

Started by MyBestBirth Admin

0 May 19, 2011

The Dreaded Insurance Debacle

My husband and I have been through a whirlwind of change in the past week.. going from the decision to deliver at a hospital with an OB fro…

Started by Jenni H.

3 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Lauren A

Home Birth Insurance Coverage through AETNA

I am hoping to have a home birth with a CNM for my second child, and I am looking to find out if anyone has successfully been able to bill…

Started by S Ruben

1 Dec 25, 2010
Reply by Shari W

Natural Birth in a Hospital

Soon after being 100% sold on a home-birth or a birthing center, it dawns on me that my insurance (Medi-Cal. Government Aid) does not cover…

Started by Susan Castleman

48 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Susan Castleman

Looking for a Midwife in Southern California that accepts Blue Shield!!!

Hello All,  I am 5 months pregnant with my first child and I want to have a waterbirth either at home or in a birthing center using hypnobi…

Started by Natalie Sanchez

5 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Melissa Keil, CD (DONA) Doula

PPRDA is offering FREE informational sessions for birth professionals!

Come see the Pikes Peak Regional Doula Association (PPRDA) on the second Sunday of every month at 7pm at Alliance Breastfeeding Center on…

Started by Candace McCollett

0 Feb 8, 2010

My fight with TRICARE to have the birth I want

This is a re-post of a blog I wrote on my personal website. I wanted to post it here in a community supportive of natural birth to spread t…

Started by Suchada Eickemeyer

8 Jan 7, 2010
Reply by Suchada Eickemeyer

Defensive Medicine+Cesarean Section=No Insurance?

So I just read another article giving doctors sympathy for "having" to practice defensive medicine to avoid lawsuits. There is nothing, and…

Started by Susan B.

4 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by KM

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service