All Discussions Tagged 'midwives' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Questions for the Future

I am currently a college student and not planning on children for at least five years or so, but as an Ultrasound student & a woman who…

Started by Samantha C

0 Jun 25, 2013

Birth Stories movie/documentary on Ina May Gaskin and The Natural Way of Giving Birth

The truth revealed about giving birth in the movie/documentary: "Birth Story".  A documentary on a midwife; Ina May Gaskin and how she faci…

Started by Marie-Paul Baxiu

0 Jul 12, 2012

Partial Placenta Previa at 19 Weeks - Was Asked "What Day I wanted a C-Section"

Hi everyone! I'm a first time mom and right now I'm 19 weeks. Yesterday I had my sonogram and was told I had a low-lying / partial placent…

Started by Courtney

9 May 8, 2012
Reply by Courtney

Should Midwives Receive Equal Pay?

Check out this discussion over at Babble:   http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/01/17/should-midwives-get-equal-pay/    

Started by MyBestBirth Admin

0 Jan 18, 2011

Home Birth is a Right for Women in the UK

Pregnant women in Guernsey are being reassured they can choose to give birth at home if they want to, after fears over a shortage of midwi…

1 Dec 31, 2010
Reply by Carol Van Der Woude

getting my hospital to allow waterbirth...

I have been researching waterbirth for months and there is only one midwife within 100 miles of me that is interested in waterbirth (but ne…

Started by Emily Haug

7 Dec 14, 2010
Reply by Brooke

Fewer C-sections With Midwife Based Care - New Zealand

The district health board responsible for the most births in Australasia is bucking the national trend - reporting low figures for caesarea…

0 Oct 19, 2010

Use of Midwives Rises, Challenging the State to Respond (IL)

Home deliveries using midwives are increasing in Illinois, despite the fact that many of them are illegal. But the law may be about to chan…

0 Sep 27, 2010

Looking for a Midwife in Southern California that accepts Blue Shield!!!

Hello All,  I am 5 months pregnant with my first child and I want to have a waterbirth either at home or in a birthing center using hypnobi…

Started by Natalie Sanchez

5 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Melissa Keil, CD (DONA) Doula

The American Rally for Personal RIghts- Chicago May 26, 2010

I am helping to coordinate this rally and would really love the midwifery community to have a voice!   (Chicago area in particular)  I need…

Started by Joni Cox

0 Apr 20, 2010

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service