Placentas are my thing!  I am totally fascinated with them. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone on how to build a healthy placenta, what happened when you birthed your placenta, what did you do with your placenta after you birthed it, have you heard of any placenta recipes? Know anything crazy about the placenta? Am I the only crazy one who takes pictures of mine? Ever had a Lotus birth?  What was it like?  Please post pictures of your placentas!!! I love them!!!

The Placenta below is my last one at 42 weeks old

Tags: Placenta

Views: 3759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder about that too, in a city south of where I'm located the hospital refuses to release the placenta to the Mom's after they've birthed :(
I saw in this discussion a while ago that someone had a lot of calcification due to taking the "wrong" prenatal vitamin do you know which one it was? Also has anyone else had calcification on their placenta? Do you know why?
i did have calcification with my son who was born oct 3 2010 the midwife said i would have had triplets cause there was 3 placentas and they were beginning to show signs of calcification spots on there but she said it was due to the placenta starting to get old and not working meaning it was a good thing that my son came 2 weeks early
The placenta from my first daughter is still in my freezer....she is now 7. Never buried it because we rent. Wanted to eat it but couldn't bring myself to because of the texture...it was a little too much for me to handle. Didn't know about encapsulation at the time.

Second placenta from my daughter born this past August was made into capsules and tincture. I experienced absolutely no depression this time, (first time was horrible) I attribute it completely to the healing powers of the placenta....I now recommend this to everyone I know. Most people think I am crazy, but they already thought that anyway because I'm a homebirther. Whatev.

VIVA LA PLACENTA!
Power to the Placenta! I'm on a podcast called Pregtastic, and we just did a two-episode series on the placenta. It really gets a bad rap considering its amazing abilities. I think people tend to either ignore their placenta altogether, or they're "grossed out" by it and want nothing to do with it. Hopefully, we placenta-supporters can spread the word about this fascinating organ.
Hey Amanda can I have the link to that site? I'd love to check it out!
Hi! It's www.pregtastic.com, also on iTunes, FB, and twitter. Enjoy!
I prepare placentas in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas. I make the Traditional Chinese Medicine capsules, a tincture that will last the lifetime of mommy and child, as well as placenta prints when requested. I've prepared about 200 placentas in my two and a half years of starting, I love what I do and the women who are smart enough to take advantage of the amazing benefits of the placenta.

And thank you Tamara for sharing the Time Magazine article!

If you know anyone in the LA area who is interested in this please send them to my website: http://www.MommyFeelGood.com

So glad I found My Best Birth!

That's wonderful!!! I do have some friends down there and I most def will recommend you! Sara have you ever heard of a placenta prep and cut that freezes little pieces of the placenta and then taking them like pills?
I haven't, it sounds like a fine idea, the only issue I can see happening with that is that it would only last for about 6 months rather than years. You have chance of freezer burn even before 6 months. I have heard of women and have even had a couple client's who did it on my suggestion, who have pinched off a small piece of the placenta from the maternal side and put it under their tongues for a few minutes just after birth while they wait for their placentas to be prepared into capsules.
What situation would you take these pills/tincture years later? Are they good for any sicknesses?
There are different schools of thought in TCM on whether to take placenta during times of illness, one school of thought says the placenta is so tonifying that it will strengthen any pathogen and drive it deeper into your body, and another that says its good to take during illness. I tell both of these theories to my clients and tell them to listen to their body, if they feel it helps take it, if they feel the situation gets worse, stop taking it.

However, placenta caps and tincture can be wonderful for any time of stress, low energy, any transitions, weaning baby from breast feeding, baby's first day of school, mom's first day going back to work, during teething, growth spurts, low milk supply, when a woman is going through menopause, it helps to balance her hormones once again. If the child should ever break a bone, any type of traumatic situation, I could go on and on.

Here's a placenta print I did for a client recently.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service