Placentas are my thing!  I am totally fascinated with them. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone on how to build a healthy placenta, what happened when you birthed your placenta, what did you do with your placenta after you birthed it, have you heard of any placenta recipes? Know anything crazy about the placenta? Am I the only crazy one who takes pictures of mine? Ever had a Lotus birth?  What was it like?  Please post pictures of your placentas!!! I love them!!!

The Placenta below is my last one at 42 weeks old

Tags: Placenta

Views: 3744

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Normally the encapsulation people work closely with midwives so i would check the home birth midwives in your area and see if they have any references for you. I know an excellent midwife in that area I'll email her and see what I can find out.
Try http://placentabenefits.info you can find one there. I also tried to email you an email of a lady in Arlington but we aren't friends :( so I couldn't message you
I am going to be encapsulating my placenta this time for the first time, i was scared to do it on my own but dont wont to pay some one to do it. I just looked it all up on the web and it is so easy and you can get a dehydrator for cheep at Target or Wal Mart, and you can by the empty pills on amazon and the encapsulator on amazon as well. I got all my stuff for under 50 bucks and if you plan on having more kids and doing it agin it is worth it to do it your self. you can find how to do it and videos too online, I found a step by step video even. Good luck.
can you post the video Samantha? Also I would recommend having a friend or family member help you because after the birth of your child making your pills is not going to be fun. you might be able to find a doula that would help.
Ya i will go find it and post it=-) I think i saw it on U tube
Please share!! I'm wondering how I'll ever afford to have someone do it....would be great to do it on my own!!
I am having the hardest time finding that video agin which really suck i wonted to watch it agin too before i did mine. I found other videos and things but none as good as that first one. If you just google it and put how to videos a ton come up. Its so simple and i found recipes too i will post that for you=-) good luck and let us know when you do yours and how it turns out i plan on post about mine when the time comes
thank you!
Here is a wonderful instruction sheet on Placenta encapsulation with pictures that I just love!
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation...
Beautiful photos !!! I have friends in Germany who "plant" placentas at the foot wild trees, and take the children to visit the trees through the years. My grandaughter is due to deliver twins "soon", 2 placentas. I wonder if she & babie's Dad will do something amazing ? from Gramma Stanny.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service