I really want to have an unmedicated vbac but the closest Dr. I have found that will do this is 5 hours away. I do not mind working this out but I am trying to find accurate info on my eligibility for vbac. I am not seeking advice in the place of talking to this phycisian but it is going to be a couple of months before I can actually see this Dr. I guess I am trying to get accurate information from someone who may have been in the same situation as me.
Here is my birth background:
First birth - HELLP Syndrome. 30 hours of pitocin induced labor with magnesium sulfate. Absolutely horrid birth and I was so delusional and "high" that it was at least a week before I could fully understand what went on and enjoy my sweet baby. I was able to breast feed right away but all the medication made me unable to truly bond with my baby. I had a midwife and was unable to have a csection or epidural because of the low blood platelets and liver failure from the HELLP.
Second birth - I had GD and had an big baby. Everything was going very well until my baby's head started to slam against my pelvis with every contraction. I knew he was not coming out vaginally and actually had to talk my Dr. into giving me a csection. He told me the head was right there and I could do it unless I thought my baby was too big. I am freaking out at this point and I tell him that I do not know what is wrong but my body is telling me that he can't be birthed naturally. He takes my husband outside and tells him the risks of csection and to try to talk to me and make sure this is what I want. He does the same with my parents. When I calm down enough to tell him that it is what I want, it takes an hour to actually get into the OR. Meanwhile, I try to push the baby out a couple of times but it results in a weird sensation and my body flipping out "telling" me not to push. The csection went very well. I had to be under general anesthesia because the epidural did not work. My husband said I was in the OR for 10 minutes. My recovery was great and the hospital and staff were excellent. The only problem was with my baby. He had low blood sugar, jaundice, and the entire top of his head was bruised. I am always second guessing myself about the csection, but with the way his head was bruised I know I made the right decision. This time I was able to bond with the baby IN the NICU. They were great and took excellent care of my baby but I just wanted to be with him all of the time in my room lol.
Third pregnancy - surprise! Pregnant 8 months after the c- section. I truly want an unmedicated vbac with no visits to the NICU. I just want to have my baby beside me where I am lucid and can hold him/her whenever I want!!! However I am concerned that I am too high risk or that the babies are too close for a Vbac.
Any comments or opinions will be greatly appreciated : )