Babywearing: What's your favorite baby carrier & why?

I am starting to reasrch & look at baby carriers for future babywearing : ) A few that I came across that I like are: Mei Tai, Boba, Beco, wraps (like Moby or others), etc. I've looked at Ergos, but there are so many different kinds that it can be a little confusing & they are a bit bigger or busy than others if that makes sense. I have also looked at wraps or Mei Tais on Etsy made by WAHMs-which are better priced of course, just as cute, & functional, plus it supports moms : )  

So what is your favorite(s) & Why??

Would you reccommend getting a carrier or wrap made by a WAHM like from Etsy??

Tags: baby, carriers, wearing

Views: 731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually have a mei tai made by a WAHM on Etsy! Sadly her shop is no longer open because I would recommend her work 100 times over! The picture is me with my first son when I first got the carrier and I use it now all the time with my second. It feels so natural for me and for the boys... I know it is for them because of how easily they fall asleep in it! Mine has a pocket in the front that also has a pull-out hood that snaps to the straps so I can cover them in the sun or if I'm nursing them in the carrier, which is also super easy to do. You can even tie it so you can carry your child on your back. It doesn't feel as natural, but it's still doable and is helpful when I'm trying to do something more physical while still wearing my baby.

Thank you Lindsay for your reply! {by the way you spell your name just like my sister-with an "a" not "e" lol : ) } That mei tai is soooo cute & so is baby!! I know I'll be getting one on Etsy too. I found these great mei tais that are really cute and are at an AMAZING price, plus I love that I would be supporting a WAHM. Win-Win. I do believe it's for the benefit of the baby, but it benefits you both!-whether it's the bonding experience or the ease/help it gives for nursing or doing things with both of your hands lol around the house. Again a win-win. I can't wait to babywear!! I know it'll be handy with having a 3 year old to care for as well haha. Thanks again, great pic!

I used a Moby when DS was a newborn and then switched to a Beco Butterfly and I can honestly say I love and like Beco Butterfly Baby carrier. So Beco Butterfly Baby is my favourite carrier

If you have the jeep carrier the it would be best baby carrier, it actually provides lot of support and it has a strap that goes around the waist which takes alot of the weight of your shoulders.

The Ergobaby carrier is as comfortable for you as it is for your baby. Our carrier distributes your baby's weight evenly across your hips and shoulders so you can enjoy being close to your baby while having your hands free.

I had a hotline and a Bjorn last time and neither did it for me.  Especially not the sling!  My DH likes the Bjorn so we'll keep it, but I'd like something different.  There are egos on babysteals.com today which got me thinking about this - I'd love to hear what you loved and why. 

As has been the mother I prefer Moby Go baby carrier for my child. And I can honestly tell you that The Moby Go Baby Carrier is an amazingly comfortable baby carrier designed with the ergonomic features and comfort that Moby is known for. Perfect for babies 15 - 45lbs.

I would also love to recommend here Moby , i have been using it for my babies to carry...

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service