I was dumbfounded to find out I was pregnant this past April fool's day. It had been a little over five years since my last pregnancy and I wasn't planning on any more. But it was a pleasant surprise none the less!

My first child was, to be modest... REALLY BIG! At 11lbs plus, his head and shoulders were respectively, 38 and 35 cm. The DR. suggested I have a C-section. I did and all turned out well.
The second one was a bit different. He was well within normal range as I headed into labor. But 17 hrs latter, I had only dilated 4 cm. The contractions were unbearable and amniotic fluids were slowly draining. I was told that a c-section under controlled circumstances, would be preferable than waiting and more than likely having an emergency operation latter on.
Obviously I agreed to it.

I asked my current OBGYN about a possible natural birth, for my third and final child. I was told that no doctor would agree to it. That the possibility of my scars rupturing during the birthing process are just too high.
So I guess my question is...
Is the only way to have a "safe" delivery, in this situation, another Cesarean?

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excuse my bluntness, but your doctor is a big fat liar. I've known LOTS of women that have had perfect VBA2C (vbac after 2 previous cesareans.) Heck, I've known women who've had VBAC and HBAC after 3, 4 and 5 cesareans!

The most important thing to remember is that your doctor can't legally or ethically prevent you from VBACing. It's against the law to deny a VBAC, though plenty of doctors and hospitals are doing it because not enough patients know the laws (the laws, btw, which are federal, state, local, and constitutional.)

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service