Everyone that has suffered a natural miscarriage, please respond....

Hello all, 

I had a natural MC in March 2011 at 10 weeks pregnant.  I was told to wait 3 cycles before TTC again.  Well, I had 3 completely normal cycles and was so excited to be back in the game!!  After the 1st month of TTC (last month) my period came 6 days late which is very unusual as I have always been very regular.  It was VERY heavy and I read online that when your period comes this late, expect it to be heavy.  So, I didnt think too much about it.  So this month we continued to TTC and my period came on time this month, but extremely heavy with moderate cramping, just as it was last month.  Now, Im concerned.  

After having your natural miscarriage, did you experience wacky periods 4-5 periods after your miscarriage?

Thank you to all who reply!

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a miscarriage back in 2008 after being 8 weeks pregnant. My first couple periods were stronger. I think your uterus is still trying to shed not only its natural lining but also any other components from a previous pregnancy. I can now say that we have one son who is 20 months and another boy on the way (18 weeks pregnant). I think many women experience miscarriages now a days...and there is nothing you can do to prevent them from happening. I would not be too concerned with the heavy periods, however if you have severe cramping I would contact your midwife or OB and request an ultrasound as there may be another issue at hand.

Good luck!

Tina

Congrats on your son!! How long did it take you to conceive after your MC?

Yes, I have had crazy cycles.  Actually, for two years now, ever since my last miscarriage.  I had a stillbirth at 40 weeks in 2009 and 6 months later got pregnant with twins, one ectopic and one uterine.  The uterine twin miscarried at 7 weeks and the ectopic twin was removed at 12 weeks.  Ever since then I have had the most odd periods.  I've been seeing a reproductive endocrinologist to figure things out.  I hope that you get some answers soon, so you can TTC with confidence!! 

Sarah, Birthspring Doula Services in Houston TX

I'm so sorry for your losses :( I can't even imagine :(

Thank you.  It's been difficult.  My stillbirth was not long after my sister had a miscarriage.  She kept saying she knew how it felt and I needed to just get over it.  I had two miscarriages before the stillbirth, it wasn't anything like having a full term stillbirth.  But, I did find that my miscarriages AFTER the stillbirth were much harder then the ones before.  I hope and pray that you won't have any more such problems. 

PS- I had a severe uterine septum where a wall divided my uterus.  When I started seeing the reproductive endocrinologist they did an MRI and found that almost my entire uterus was taken up with this nonliving tissue which may have caused issues with implantation and a placental abruption with my son in 2009.  They have removed it but I still have odd cycles.

Oh my goodness.  Im so sorry to hear about your losses, your sister not being supportive, and your uterine septum.  :((  

Ive had 2 strange cycles.  The first was a 2 heavy days followed by spotting and cramping throughout those 2 days.  This last cycle was 5 days with the first 2 days being heavy and cramping thoughout the 5 days.  Its just strange as Ive never had heavy periods or cramping like this before.  And the first cycle was 34 days and the next one was 27 days which is also strange.  Who knows.  Im scheduled for this Wed to meet with the OB, so I guess Ill find out if somethings wrong?  Or if this is normal?

I hope your apt goes well.  They will probably look at your hormone levels and make sure everything is as it should be.  They put me on BC pills but they made me wacky and sick all the time, I just couldn't handle them!  My cycles are anywhere from 3 days to 10 day periods and 27-45 days between them...very very strange when I used to have regular 28 day periods for many years!

That's so crazy!! I hope they don't put me on BC because I want a baby ASAP :-)
I had a natural MC at 11 weeks 4 day and bleed for 15 days didnt count spotting. I am still waiting on my first AF since the MC, so have no idea yet my Af will be like if she ever come, I am on CD 44. My Doc said I could start TTCing right away. If you are concerned I would go to you OB and see what he has to say, sorry I cant help more. Good Luck and :*:*:*:*Baby Dust:*:*:*:*
I'm so sorry about your MC at 11w 4d. Have you ever had one before? I know how awful it is :( Was it very painful? Mine was excruciating pain. It was my 1st pregnancy, now trying for BFP #2, I hope it's soon for both of us!!
Yes, it's amazing how painful it is for such a little baby, isn't it?
hi i'm so sorry to hear of your loss, i also had 2 natural mcs in 2010 1 at 7 weeks then another at 16 wks it turned out they were twins lost at seperate times and for me the pain was worse than labor. sorry i cant be much help to you as i only had 1 cycle b4 we fell pg again. just wanted to post to say miracles do happen 12 days ago i had our 2nd baby girl. i really hope things work out for you hun lots of baby dust to you.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service