One mother chose home birth because it was cheaper than going to a hospital. Another gave birth at home because she has multiple sclerosis and feared unnecessary medical intervention. And some choose home births after cesarean sections with their first babies.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/07/05/nationa...

Tags: birth, home

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for sharing.  The article was simply stated and very good for the public eye to see.  Awesome to see such an increase in home births.... due in large part to BOBB!
I am sooo happy to hear that more women are choosing home birth!  What a dramatic increase - and a success!
Overall it's a really good article with a positive (for once) message about midwives.  There's one comment that just makes me so angry, though, and I think I remember this comment from a Dr. in the movie, too.  "Some doctors also question whether a "feminist machoism" is at play in wanting to give birth at home."  That is just so condescending and shows what a lack of understanding the OBs have for a woman's needs.  I'm happy to hear of the 20% increase in home birth!  You guys have done something amazing here!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service