How long do you plan to breastfeed/did you breastfeed?

It's World Breastfeeding Week!  How long do you plan to nurse? Or, how long did you nurse your baby/toddler?  What do/did you love most about breastfeeding?

Tags: breastfeeding

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At least one year! We are on month 4 now and I love it :) But no foods or any outside intrusions for him for the first year. After that we will introduce food and water slowly. But keep breastfeeding him until he doesn't want it any more.
Does anyone feel sad about weaning? My little one is nearly two, and might be my last baby! The thought of never nursing again is weird.
I have breastfed all three of my babies... though my first two were difficult due to my having a cesarean which prevented us from nursing right away, created latch problems and so forth. I admit I may not have been as committed as I should have been but I was also uneducated at the time as to the MANY benefits of breastfeeding. I nursed my daughter for about 2 month exclusively and my son received my milk exclusively for the first two months mostly through my pumping. However, with my third child, who was born naturally at home, we were able to nurse right away and I had a wonderful midwife who is very passionate about breastfeeding. Therefore, I have learned so much and am much more committed to it this time around. The nursing relationship I have with my son is so important to me. It is an amazing bonding time with him. He is now almost 15 months old and I have no plans of weaning him anytime soon. He may nurse as long as he likes. I expect it will be as the world's average healthy nursing relationship where he will chose to wean himself around the age of 3-4 years old. I am totally okay with that. How many three year olds have we seen walking around with a bottle hanging out of their mouths? And that isn't even good for them! My milk is the best food my baby can get and I will not deprive him of what God has given me the ability to give him.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service