Hi There,

I am interesting in trying out hypnobirthing. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what programs or CDs are good? 

Thanks!

Tags: Hypnobirthing

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm using the Hypnobabies home study course and I really like it. I have no idea if it will really work for me as I have yet to have my baby but my sister used it and had an unmedicated hospital birth (was going to deliver in a birth center but her water broke at home and there was meconium). I have felt it has been beneficial to me simply for the fact that it helps me relax and gets me to sleep which is no easy feat when you are 9 months pregnant :-) It's not too expensive and I think you can get a "teaser" on their website. Good luck!

I just wanted to update..... I had my little boy two weeks ago. I had a pretty fast labor (4.5 hours, my first birth) and only pushed for 15 or 20 minutes. I had a hospital birth and I was able to go completely drug free. I used the Hypnobabies during the first half of labor but did not use it when I got to the hospital...It just didn't feel "right". I found out that I cope best with pain by being silent :-) Even though I didn't use the Hypnobabies at the hospital I absolutely believe it played a roll in my labor and delivery and my ability to relax through the contractions. Also I will reiterate how much it helped me sleep....that was priceless! Even last night I turned on the "Deepening" track to help me fall asleep quickly. We are talking about doing a home birth for my next birth and I will definitely be using Hypnobabies again. Good luck! 

For my homebirth I listened to Marina Raye's "Womanspirit" CD. It isn't specifically geared for labor/delivery but the all natural melodies, pace, and atmosphere embedded in this music was phenominal. I used it for relaxation techniques and I loved it. Good luck and congrats! :)

Hi,

I am a hypnobirthing practitioner and if you can get to some classes, I would definitely recommend going! The books are great and are enough for some people, but in my experience - attending a class is great.

Good Luck,

Ashley

I used hypnobabies for my first and loved it. Especially practicing every night with the techniques. My first labor went for 71 hours, not induced, very not typical. This time I plan on doing it again infa t will be starting the program again in two weeks. But I've hired a hypnobabies doula. I'm very excited this time and know that with the hypnobabies and the doula for extra support that I am going to have a wonderful birth

HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method

It is the original method, simple concepts to  help have a gentler, calmer birth.  To check if there are classes in your area http://www.hypnobirthing.com/findapract.htm

Best of luck

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service