Hey everyone,
I am so happy at how fast our group has grown! there are some wonderful people here! I'd love to get to know you all and i'm sure you'd love to get to know one another!
So please, introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about who you are and why your here! :)

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

I'll start.
My name is Melissa and I am 24 years old. I am the proud stay at home Mommy to two girls and one boy. My girls are Esti who is 4 1/2 and Shira who is 1. My boy s Dovi who is 3.
I live in Brooklyn, NY with my husband of over 5 years.
Along with being a stay at home Mommy, I have also been a Doula for 4 years. Besides my children, that has been one of the most rewarding things in my life!
I am here to meet other amazing Mommies! I breastfed my first two children for under 6 months. I was young and had no support. My third and I are still breastfeeding and still going strong! she will be 13 months next week! It feels so good and just so right.
Nice to meet you all! :) <3
I'm Darcel. SAHM to two girls Nakiah is 4.5 and Ava will be 2 at the end of the month. Nakiah had a mix of formula and breastmilk her first year. She weaned at 10 months. I wish I had more support back then. Ava has never had formula and is still going strong. We love it. It has it's challenges, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I am also looking into becoming a doula.
I'm Amber-joy, I'm a stay at home Mom sort of, my children are beautiful Mya almost 5, super fun Jolie 2 and amazing Wolfie (Isaac Wolfgang) 1month. I live in CO with my husband for the last 8 years. I'm here because I believe in the power of breastfeeding. I love everything about it. I nursed Mya for 11 months wanted to go longer but we were living with my parents who fed her constantly so she weaned. I am still nursing my beauty Jolie and my little Wolfie and loving it. I am a little shakey at it right now this is my first tandem adventure, so I guess I also am here to get some reassurance when I need it. I'm a Doula for a maternity home here in Colorado and teach an occasional class, I'm also studying to become a Direct entry midwife.
Hi, My name is Briana. I am a SAHM to two daughters 4 and 10 weeks. I breastfed my oldest for a year and then I weaned her not knowing much about extended breastfeeding. She didn't have a problem with it but I never realized how sad I would be when she stopped nursing. I am hoping to nurse my little one longer and I am eager to find out all I can about the benefits and logistics of nursing past a year.
Still nursing my 2 year old and just love it. Hope to be tandem nursing with a new baby in a year or so. BTW, we call it "smunchin' on a boobie", which is precious to me. I love to see Emily's eyes light up when it's time to nurse.
I'm Lynn, wife, mother, granny and midwife. Married 27 years ago, a serviceman so moved around a lot - all my babies born in different places. My dd born in Germany - and after a week of trying to breastfeed gave up and went to bottle - just not the right help and support at the time. Vowed never to artificially feed again - ds1born in Oxford, a bit early and small - it was breast or nothing as far as I was concerned. I'd discovered LLL during pregnancy and thank goodness, he was so hard to feed. Then ds2 was born at home in London this time, and, blessed be, he breastfed 10 minutes after birth! It was these experiences that spurred me on to train as a midwife - having had the privilage to be a SAHM, midwifery was the only thing I felt passionate enough about to change that once they were all at school fulltime. Times are hard, midwifery wise at the moment over here - not sure what the future will bring?
Lynn
I'm Andrea, 25, mom to Abigail 2, and Anna, 5 months. I'm currently breastfeeding both girls, Abigail will be 3 in July and doesn't seem to have plans of stopping anytime soon. I feel there are many benefits to extended breastfeeding and unfortunately, so many people do not understand that.
Hi everyone! I'm another Briana, 29 and married, currently nursing our 8 week old son. I nursed our now 4 and 2 year old daughters until they were 3 years old and 19 months old, respectively. They tandem nursed for 17 months and it was a really wonderful, positive experience for all of us. I had all of them at home with midwives.
Hi there. I am a mother of 3 wonderful babes (doesn't everyone say that?) and I am currently nursing my youngest (almost 19 months old). He is the first baby I have breastfed more than a couple months and until he stole a babies bottle a couple weeks ago, he had never had formula (or a bottle!).

I hope to get some advice, support and "friendships" from this group.
Hi, I'm Misha...wife to Digger for almost 11 years, mom to Spanky (6.5yo) and awaiting #2 in October. I stay home and tend a few little ones. I am here because, lthough my son and I were pros at nursing, I believed my OB and quit cold turkey when he was 7mo, with the promise my PPD would subside. Not so much....it got worse. I plan to nurse this little bugger as long as we feel like it!
hello mamas,
I'm Drea and I think it's wonderful that support for moms and babies is becoming easier to find. I'm currently breastfeeding my 3rd daughter. My 10 year old nursed for just over 1 year and it was harder to find any support then, both at home and in the community. I was the first person I knew who even attempted breastfeeding. My 4 year old nursed until just a few months ago when my youngest was born. She just quit on her own because she wanted to save it for the baby.

My little one is 3 months old and is a pro despite the fact that she was born with a cleft lip. The medical team we work with for the cleft is very surprised that she is doing so well, but I'm not. I never even thought about the fact that she wouldn't be breastfed. I never considered formula for her. I did think that we would have to make some adjustments, but I was wrong. She is doing great!
Hi everyone! I'm Erica, 24, married to Josiah for 5 1/2 years. I'm tandem nursing my 3 1/2 y/o, Josiah Jr., and my 18 m/o, Jonas. I just found out that I'm pg w/#3, due sometime in January, and I'm guessing that we're on the road to triandem nursing! Tandeming has gone really well for us, but throwing another one into the mix will be rather interesting. I told DH that I need to grow a third boob! :P

I knew from the time that I was very young that I would breastfeed. It's interesting, because I didn't really have any bf or ext. bf models in my life, but I just knew it was right. I'm 8 1/2 years older than my sister, and when my mom weaned her at around 4 months, I remember feeling really sad.

When I was 18, I met my now best friend. She was nursing her then one y/o, and I just thought it was fantastic. Then she told me that she planned to CLW, which I had never heard of before. Meeting her changed my life forever (she also introduced me to homebirth)!

Through my friend, I got involved in LLL when I was pregnant with Josiah. I love LLL so much, and I'm currently going through the applicancy process, so that I can become a leader. I have hopes of one day becoming an IBCLC. :)

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service