Hi everyone! 

I hope you enjoyed my birth story. :)

Please feel free to ask questions and I will post answers!

Kellie

Tags: kellie, martin

Views: 37

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

More a comment than a question:). I loved your birth story - it was a really empowering representation of what birth can be. I actually wanted to use the folley balloon after I had PROM, but when my midwife asked the doctor, he said because I had PROM he was worried about infection and wouldn't insert the device. From what I understand, though, there are care providers that would have inserted the device despite PROM. Anyhow. I'm really thankful that you discussed this method of induction because it's not one that readily comes to mind when you think of induction. Pitocin is typical. I didn't have the birth experience I wanted once I got a fever and then my daughter ended up in distress, but I love hearing these stories. It reminds me that birth can be empowering. Something I didn't feel after I ended up with a C-section. Hopefully I'll be able to have a VBAC with my next child :).
I do have a question, though - how long was your labor? Are there things you would've done differently looking back on your experience or no? Do you feel like the length of your labor caused you to be more likely to have that moment where your waters were broken and you weren't sure if this was something you could do anymore? Or were they independent variables?
Hi Marci,
Thank you for sharing your own birth experience. They never go exactly the way we expect--each birth has a life of it's own. I hope you are able to have a VBAC with your next child, but I am glad to hear that despite hurdles, you were able to bring your daughter into the world safely.
My labor technically lasted for about a week, although it always petered out. And, by the way, my due date was October 23, and I had my daughter on November 4. I was admitted to be induced on Friday night at about 10 pm and gave birth the following morning at noon.
I don't think I would have done anything different. I was pretty happy with the way things went. It's just my own theory, but I think my water didn't break naturally because the cord was wrapped around Maggie's neck. I really believe that your baby and your body do what they need to do to protect each other.
I wish the best for you and your family! Thanks for writing!
Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for sharing your birth story!
I read in your response to Marci that your prodromal labor lasted a week. I'm just past 38 weeks, and I've been having lot of afternoon/evening contractions for the last several days that are never painful, just quite noticeable and tight with some lower crampy sensations. (The realist in me, however, knows that a first-time preggo actually going early is like 1 in 1000 chance. One can only dream...)
Is this similar to the symptoms you experienced? Also, did you utilize the typical assortment of labor-inducing methods (i.e. red raspberry leaf, evening primrose oil, sex, exercise, etc?) I know every birth is different, but it's great to hear different perspectives and experiences. Thanks!
Katie
I did EVERYTHING! to get Maggie to come into the world on her own. It sounds like what you're experiencing was very similar. Actually, the thing that made my contractions very regular (before I was admitted for my induction) was reflexology. Of course, I tried this after 40 weeks.
Thanks! My midwife just recommended reflexology at our appt 2 days ago...must be a sign. :) I'll try it!
Hi Kellie,

I am a HypnoBirthing practitioner, and I just want to thank you for being so open about using HypnoBirthing. It is such an amazing program, and I truly appreciate it when people who have the ability to reach a large audience help to spread the word.

Peace,
Jaynie
Go Hypnobirthing!
Thanks for watching!
Hi Kellie,
I really enjoyed hearing your birth story. I am a doula and I have not had experience with the balloon techinque to induce. I think I would have many clients that would be willing (if their OB would be willing) to try this method other than using Pitocin. Do you feel that hypnobirthing continued to help you once your transitional labor began? I have noticed that clients who have had formal childbirth classes, outside of the hospital classes, were much more prepared for labor than those who didn't. I think you did an awesome job and thank you for sharing!
I KNOW that my HypnoBirthing training helped once I went into transition. I was able to manage my surges through the breathing and meditation practice I had done in class. I also really feel like my years of yoga, as well as my prenatal yoga classes, helped tremendously.
The HypnoBirthing classes show childbirth as a beautiful and completely natural event. It's all positive, whereas many child birthing classes warn you of what could happen "if there's a problem." Even if you have to have a c-section for a safe birth to take place, it's still a birth and not "something that went wrong." Staying in a positive frame of mind during pregnancy and the birthing process is soooooo important!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service