Looking for a Midwife in Southern California that accepts Blue Shield!!!

Hello All,

I am 5 months pregnant with my first child and I want to have a waterbirth either at home or in a birthing center using hypnobirthing techniques but I'm having trouble finding a midwife in my area that accepts Blue Shield PPO Insurance. Most Midwives want me to pay upfront and we don't have $5,000 extra laying around. It's sad that having a hospital birth is so much more convienent than having a homebirth. I'm having a lot of trouble here. Any help?  

Tags: angeles, birth, birthing, blue, california, center, home, hypnobirthing, insurance, los, More…midwife, midwives, shield, southern, water, waterbirth

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im not sure what part of southern california your in but i delivered my daughter via waterbirth at a birth center called best start birth center it is an awesome place and i will be delivering my son there in october i liked it that much to go back to them and have referred people to them it is a nice home atmosphere feeling the website is www.beststartbirthcenter.com hope everything works out for you
Thank you so much for your response! I checked out the website and everything looked great! The only problem is their birth center is 2 hours away from my home. I guess I should've mentioned that I live in Palos Verdes in the South Bay Area ofLos Angeles. I thought it was great that they accept insurance too. Most of the Midwives and/or birth centers I have contacted accept cash only and I do need my birth to be affordable. So my hunt continues. Anyone else have any suggestions for a Midwife or Birthing Center in the South Bay Area?
Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) often are more readily able to accept insurance. Here is one you may wish to call: http://www.tlcwomanscenter.com/

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I'll check this out and let you know how it goes!
There is BJ Snells Beachside Birth Center in Laguna.
There is Southcoast Midwifery and
The Aqua Natal Birth Center in Chino
You can check with your insurance on them and see if any of them are covered. I have Aetna and the Beachside Birth Center is covered under mine.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service