I was induced (and had an otherwise perfect, drug free birth) at 37w for pre-e. It was not the "oh, your BP is getting high, come back in a week and we will induce you" induction..it was an appt, that got me sent to L&D (not for BP, which was 120/60)..but for bloodwork...and they monitored me for a few hours, and wanted me to go home (CNM not induction happy) but did another round of bloodwork and it was even worse...it was chaotic after that, and within minutes I was hooked up to MagSulf and then after a serious discussion, that eventually resulted in me consenting to cytotec (I know, I know) but it seemed to be the best option for my situation and I felt okay with the decision....things progressed very slowly, but I was never dx'd as FTP, or anything like that...my CNM let me sit at 6cm for 9 hours without a lot of intervention, no pitting to distress, etc...she just kind of let my body roll..and things werent bad...

but although it was a "dream" induction, i'd LOVE to NOT be induced again...

I'm eating Brewer's pretty religiously, of course i have "bad" days, and so far have had no symptoms of pre-e...but are there are other tricks to prevent it?

I'm 24 weeks 

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try the Blood Type Diet

www.dadamo.com

i've never heard of this! thanks!! <3

Just thought I would update....on May 2, 2011 at 652AM we welcomed our little boy Hunter into the world..10 minutes after pulling in to the hospital parking lot! 54 hours of labor (but never hard labor!) was totally gratifying after my induction!!! The birth was perfect...he was born in to his daddy's hands and never left mommy's side the entire time we were in the hospital (about 28 hours) 

His sister watched his birth (she was 6 days shy of 21m old) and she cheered mommy on with glee (yeah mommy! Baby baby baby!!) and he was born with a true knot in his cord. small tear for me, but no stitches :) 

Attachments:

Congratulations to you and family, and welcome to the world, Hunter!!

All the best to you,

Nicole

Founder/Organic Mommy & Baby Healthcare Solutions

http://www.wholecreations.com

Congratulations!! Wow! What a labor, huh?! SO happy for you. Enjoy your sweet babes!

Just an FYI: There is a growing body of research that shows that low blood volume and the resultant placental changes are the main culprits causing pre-eclampsia. Here's an example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8282605

The Brewer diet supports necessary blood volume expansion by providing sufficient calories, protein, and salt. This very well-balanced diet provides the other necessary nutrients to support a healthy pregnancy as well.

http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com

Anyway, WTG, Chelsea! You rock!

I second the Brewer Diet!  With DD1, I had high BP and swelling...normal with a first pregnancy, but something that, had it gotten any worse, would've resulted in an induction.  With DD2, I didn't have any swelling...a low amount of weight gain, actually, BP was fine throughout pregnancy, but they found elevated urine protein levels in my last few weeks.  I did a 24 hour urine collection and my protein levels were low enough to not have an induction.  With DD3 I was convinced that I didn't have to have these issues and I learned about the Brewer Diet and the physiology of it.  I didn't follow it exactly, but I focused on increasing my daily protein intake.  That alone made my blood pressure stay fairly low, no protein in my urine and no swelling.  I even had less bleeding after delivery, and I attribute that to a greater protein intake.  

My sil had a similar experience to yours, but she was at 33w.  I think hers was an emergency c/s because her Pre-e was so severe.  Her 2nd she had a year later, VBAC and a very healthy pregnancy and delivery.  First pregnancies are just more prone to pre-e.

Great job on your first birth!  I'm sure things will be different this time around!

i was eating brewer's pretty strict :)
I've been teaching the Brewer diet since 2005 (and followed it during all of my pregnancies) but I am always still learning more about it and nutrition in general. I love hearing about how it's helped moms and babies. Thank you for sharing your story. It's encouraging to those of us who are trying to spread the word, and it might help another mother who finds this thread. Great job!
A high protein diet has been proven to reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia! Good luck!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service