I am still nursing my 10 month old and am 5 weeks pregnant? Anyone know anything about nursing while pregnant?

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've done it! I just had my third baby and nursed my daughter all through my pregnancy. Yes the contractions are there but all women have contractions every 15 minutes when they are pregnant it's just us nursing girls notice it more. I am still nursing both kiddos and it's going great! It was a little rough at the start but we have the hang of it.
Oh yeah I forgot at first I got these weird head aches I was like what the heck?? I consulted my midwife and started taking extra vitamin b and they went away.
By the way, no worries that breastfeeding the child will cause harm to the fetus. Your body will always feed the fetus first.
I'm a huge breastfeeding promoter and was very active with my local LLL group with my first daughter. I was really surprised and disappointed that I didn't get to nurse through my second pregnancy. I had the same experience Kayla had - my estrogen levels were so high with my second pregnancy, it completely shut down my milk supply within 3 months of getting pregnant. My daughter was 7 months when I got pregnant, so she was 10 months when my milk supply cut out. I had been experiencing severe nipple soreness (which I learned was also due to my high estrogen levels) but really wanted to push through and nurse #1 at the very least to a year. My body decided for me though, even though I went to two different lactation consultants and tried several natural pregnancy-safe lactation builders. So I had to switch to organic formula, but like Kayla, had the blessing of no engorgement or anything - my milk was just GONE.

Hope you'll be able to nurse through - I think it's so great to be able to maintain that special nursing bond as long as possible before #2 comes along! : )
Amber-joy Tacey said:
I've done it! I just had my third baby and nursed my daughter all through my pregnancy. Yes the contractions are there but all women have contractions every 15 minutes when they are pregnant it's just us nursing girls notice it more. I am still nursing both kiddos and it's going great! It was a little rough at the start but we have the hang of it.
I am 6 months pregnant and still nursing my 15 month old daughter. Anyone have any tips for how to handle tandem nursing if she doesn't wean herself before the second one arrives? Or, anyone recommend weaning before number two arrives? I am not sure how to handle both!
Sabrina Ellis said:
I am 6 months pregnant and still nursing my 15 month old daughter. Anyone have any tips for how to handle tandem nursing if she doesn't wean herself before the second one arrives? Or, anyone recommend weaning before number two arrives? I am not sure how to handle both!

Sabrina,
I think someone may have mentioned Kellymom, but seriously it is such a helpful site! Check out http://kellymom.com/bf/tandem/index.html - I'm sure any question you can think of, she's already answered. :-) She has so many awesome tips to share!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service