I'm looking to get a double stroller that will be comfortable for both an almost 5 year old (because we walk everywhere she gets tired and cranky) and a 1 month old. I checked out those sit'n stand's and also a jogger would be niffty. Any advice on what brands are at the top of the lists in terms of safety, durability, fitting an infant, and so on (you moms know the drill I'm sure) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Annalena,

I got a double baby jogger city series. I have a 3 year old who is quite tall and a 20 months old. The city stroller is small and can go through standard doorway easy. I like the fact that it can be folded with just one pull too. It also reclines for naps. It is really easy to push and turns very well. Test drive it out at a baby store. If you are in Santa Monica, CA you are very welcome to try the stroller out.

Yvonne
Thanks Yvonne for the information and the offer! I wish I were in Santa Monica:-) I'd be closer to my relatives in Anaheim and Long Beach.

Annalena
I second the baby jogger city mini double. absolutely love this stroller. with a big 1.5 y/o and 2.5 y/o I can only occasionally still wear the girls in the Ergo. I love one handed steering, tall seats, easy folding, product weight isn't outrageous and large canopies.

Check out the demo on their website and list of on and off-line retailers. (BRU currently has a 15% off coupon and a $10 off coupon that can be combined for online purchase) http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_dbl_dtl.aspx
You don't say how tall your 5 year old is but I can tell you that it can be definitely worth investing in a nicer stroller to push a child of that age because not only are they taller but they are heavier so often times strollers with plastic wheels like the sit and stands don't push very well with the weight of a 5 year old on it.

My top recommendations to check out for someone who walks everywhere with a 5 year old and 1 mo and would probably prefer a good push are the Baby Jogger City Elite Double (great tall canopies) and the Valco Twin Trimode (also tall canopies and excellent suspension). Other customer favorites like the BOB Duallie would not be a good choice since the seat back is much shorter and your 5 year old would likely already be too tall. I probably wouldn't go with the Baby Jogger City Mini Double either since the weight of your 5 year old and walking alot will wear the plastic wheels down quickly and might not be as nice to push as the air tired version.

Feel free to message me or check out our website online if I can help further!

Best,
Jo

http://www.letsgostrolling.com
Exceptional Products And Advice for the Little Ones in Your Life
Try the UppaBaby Vista. It has a jumpseat attachment that you can buy, and also a ride-a-long board for your 5 year old to ride on. www.uppababy.com. I purchased mine on www.BedBathandBeyond.com then went to the store to have the price adjusted with my 20% off coupon. Great investment!!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service