The easiest and most cost-effective solution to nurture your baby in utero

Babies in utero are considered to have their own blood stream. The placenta acts as a filter for mom’s blood stream. Like the kidneys, liver and skin aid in toxin removal, the placenta should be an aide, not the child’s sole method of filtration.

The risk to baby can come in two ways. If diaphragmatic restriction during pregnancy leads to toxin overload, saturation could push into baby’s territory. Worse is when a mom’s toxin overload begins years before pregnancy. If so, baby’s environment would be built under strained conditions of low nutrient flow and high stagnant waste. All people suffer toxic buildup to some degree. The key is minimizing that buildup. The easiest and most cost-effective solution is practicing deep diaphragmatic breathing that fills the tummy, sides, back, and lower ribs. This fills the deepest portions of the lungs, allowing nearly all lung cells to participate in the exchange.

Practice breathing five more deep breaths for your baby before moving to the next section. Imagine the nutrients entering your body and the toxins escaping on exhalation.

How to Breathe Diaphragmatically

Lie on your back and place hands on the sides of your lower ribs. Inhale and allow the air to fill your hands; tummy, sides, low back, and lower ribs. Every day, take 5-20 slow breaths. The longer each breath takes, the better. Breaths should be continually slower and deeper. Once you can diaphragmatically breathe, without chest dominance, move on to Practice 2. Depending your starting level of ability and time commitment, mastering each stage might take anywhere from two days to two months. Once you master Practice 2, move on to Practice 3, and so on. The goal is to be able to breathe diaphragmatically in any activity that you do. The final goal is for diaphragmatic breathing to occur unconsciously in the majority of your daily life.

Practice 1: Lying on back
Practice 2: Lying on stomach
Practice 3: Hands and Knees
Practice 4: Seated
Practice 5: Standing
Practice 6: All activities: exercising, cleaning, talking on phone.

Paul Chek, HHP, an internationally recognized corrective therapist, teaches that
retraining a faulty motor pattern takes only 3,000 to 5,000 perfect repetitions. Though
most people take weeks and months to firmly recreate their breathing patterns, I have
witnessed people change their breathing pattern in just days, and even hours. Since we
breathe between 20,000 and 25,000 times each day, it is theoretically possible to retrain
these muscles in one long afternoon.

My favorite example was a client in DC who was a classic chest breather, worse than
most I have seen in the last decade. She learned diaphragmatic breathing with me one
morning and immediately realized how important it was in her life. She cancelled
appointments that day and went for a three-hour drive; this was an activity that she could
zone out, and practice breathing. She came back to me the next day with nearly perfect
tummy breathing.

Whenever you sit at a stoplight, are waiting in line, or brushing your hair, take a breath.
Whenever you sit down to read this book or lay down to rest, start with a tummy breath.
Whenever you think about your body, your health, or your child, take a diaphragmatic breath. Practice starts now. Happy Breathing!

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great information!
Am I right to assume this is the same type of breathing trained singers use? (opera, in particular)
yes pretty much, i have been training a pregnant mom who studied opera throughout childhood and college and wow...she was a great belly breather, she just needed to be reminded about it. She recently delivered a baby boy in early january!
All inhalations are through the nose, correct?

My asthma has remarkably improved when I did a similar training to breathe through my nose, exclusively. After reading about the Buteyko method I made a conscious effort and like you said, was able to re-train myself. Now I understand how much the nose regulates the amount of air and balance of CO2 in the lungs.

Thanks!

www.askyourfriendkira.com
yes all inhalations through the nose, and even exhalations! (except while in labor! as the open mouth open sphincter rule is applied for less pain and more relaxation)
My husband has trained many clients with the same problem, asthma, and they too have had remarkable results, it also really helps with back pain and of course stress!
I will give a hearty "AMEN!" to the stress factor! Whenever I get really stressed I feel like i can't breathe, so I remind myself that I can and I will and a few deep inhalations and exhalations later, I can think, breathe and usually deal with the problem a bit more clear-headed.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service