VBAC on baby #2-Is it going to happen or should I "give in"?

I have already began reading "Your Best Birth" and am loving it, but am still so nervous that something horrible is going to happen to myself and my child (im looking to get pregnant soon) if I attempt a VBAC. I don't know of any doctors in the area that support VBAC's, but I so desperately want one. I feel so robbed from my first pregnancy (they told me she was too big and they had to do a C-section...she ended up being 8 pounds, 4 ounces).
Any advice?

Rachel
http://www.number17cherrytreelane.wordpress.com (my personal blog--stop by!)

Tags: VBAC, delivery, ruptured, second, uterus

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I joined a chapter! HOORAY!
Another Mom who had a c-section for a big baby, but my first was also in distress,so I didn't feel as 'cheated' as some women do. For my third pregnancy, had a miscarriage between, I was very fortunate to be in a birth center inside a hospital with an OB who whole-heartedly supported V-Bacs.
She took her good old time, she was 8 days late, and I spend a little more time in the
birthing center than was maybe necessary...almost 2 1/2 days...but, my 9lb 4 1/2 oz daughter was delivered vaginally!
Don't give up! The recovery time on a vaginal birth, even with an episostomy, is light years shorter than with a c-section and it is sooo very worth it! Any questions, please ask!
This is so encouraging to me too! Thank you so much for sharing. I will keep everyone updated!
Please do keep us informed and if you have an questions at all don't hesitate to contact me!
Lea
Oh my gosh...you WERE robbed! In 5 years I have worked in L&D, I have only seen one VBAC have an issue and have to go back to the OR. It wasn't even that big of a deal though, because at my hospital the doc has to be in house once the patient gets to 5 cm's. Don't let a doc talk you out of being a VBAC. They get paid more for a csection and want to not have to sit at the hospital waiting for you and your baby. It's ridiculous. If you did research on how "dangerous" VBACS really are, you would be surprised!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service