Hi all,

Im a New Zealand mum in her 2WW and its driving me nutty!

Am wanting to hear from other mums in the same position as me...

How are you passing the time?
What very early pregnancy symtoms have you been experiencing?

Im 12 dpo and have been experiencing cramping and Creamy CM, plus a bit of insomnia too.

Thanks so much in advance

Kate

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Ive been doing that kind of thing lately too! So frustrating and embarrassing!
Last week I asked my hubby what time we should get his family over for a piece of birthday cake and nibbles.....he replied, 'What birthday cake?' DOH! It was meant to be a suprise! *blushes*

Yes my husband is exactly the same way! He just starts to squirm whenevr i talk about the name thing. He reckons we have plenty of time but i remind him that actualy we only have about 7.5 months! That, coupled with the fact that he doesnt seem to like ANY of the names ive suggested, means that thats EXACTLY why we should be talking about it now!

Love your choice of names especially Ellerie and Grace.

Yip i found out the sex of Joey at our 20 week scan. I wasnt going to ask but i was overwhelmed by the excitement and blurted out 'tell us what it is!' Hubby agreed he wanted to know too. This time we'll choose not to find out the sex of bub. We may not even SEE buba as am still undecided about weither or not we'll do the 20 week scan ( reading a book on the subject at the mo, 'Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering' by Dr Sarah Buckley. Shes an OB turned homebirth activist. I've just realised that im beginning to sound quite the hippy! Im quite conserative i guess. Raised a Roman Catholic, went to catholic high school, Music degree from Otago university- then on to train as a primary/intermediate teacher,enjoy the odd take-away, dont recycle nearly as much as i should, love consumerism (especially when it comes to clothes and makeup lol) so wuldnt bracket myself as one! Just ever since having Joey ive longed to learn about my place in the world and have started asking myself is everything we come into contact with on a daily basis safe? Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

Am feeling very, very ill now. MS tends to hit morning and in the middle of the night. I tend to wake every hr over night thinking ill....you know what....so eat a cracker( thats the last thing i feel like doing) and the nausea subsides. Im also getting a sore back, esp when sitting at the computer desk. Very tired at about 3pm without fail every day. Craving ready salted crisps and ginger snaps. How about you?Any cravings?

My pregnancy with Joey was straightforward..until i hit 20 weeks. My bloodpressure started to sore from there. I was admitted to hosp twice for testing. I hate hospitals! At 38 weeks it soared to 160/110 and kept rising....i was admitted to hosp again...this time i would be induced. 4 hrs after the induction was begun i started having contractions....things progressed quickly. My hubby was sent home, and being a first time mum i was anxious and worried without him by my side. I began to shake un-controllably. Docs thought that i was having a reaction to the meds. They gave me pethidine ( i wanted a drug free birth but becos i was scared and alone i agreed to it) I laboured awhile in the birth pool. Hubby arrived just before i hopped in. It was sooo amazing to have him there. I relaxed straight away. I was only in active labour for 2hrs and bub was born after 15 mons of pushing. I had a 2nd degree tear but other wise was ok. The only issue was my BP did not go down, infact it continued to sore. Pre-eclampsia was suspected, as the most dangerous time for its on-set is actaully the 24hrs after a birth. My midwife had the theory that my body was in such a hurry to expell my baby as any longer inside may have been fatal for us both- hence the 2hr labour. So yes! Not a very relaxing time for us. I contined on my meds after returingin home then back into hosp with new bub as BP was still soaring- very dramatic few weeks for us! With this bub i 'plan' to birht at home, i 'plan' to be well, fit, relaxed and enjoy the prossess!

How was your pregnancy/ labour/delivery? Hope it was plain sailing for you :)

Kate
I was raised Roman Catholic...I went to catholic school for only 1 year..ha ha However, I did go to religious ed classes and was Baptized, had my First Communion and my Confirmation.
I dont really wear make-up anymore...unless Im going out to a party or a wedding. I do recycle quite a bit. :)
To sit in the bath while laboring sounds nice. So, you had some pain killers but not major drugs with Joey's birth?
With both of my son's I had an epidural. With AJ I was due on June 10th and started having back labor contractions on the 9th..but didnt have him until the 11th. I thought I was going to die. I would dilate either until they broke my water. Once they broke my water I went from 2 to 9 in one hour and pushed for maybe 30 min and then he was out. I had an episiotomy with him and I tore as well. OUCH!

With Logan I was due on October 6th and on September 23rd my water started to leak. I wasnt sure what was going on..but when it started to run down my leg I thought that I couldnt hold my bladder anymore. Then I asked DH is it smelled like urine and he said no. I called the doc and they said to go to labor and delivery to see if I was in labor. As I waited for DH to park the car my pants were really wet and I knew that it was in fact labor. We got in a room and I changed and went on the bed..2 seconds later my water broke. This was on the 23rd..but ever since the 22nd I was going to the bathroom..and I continued to go on the 23rd..my stomach was just not right..but I wasnt feeling terribly ill so I went on with my day and thought nothing of it. Anyway..then on the 23rd after my water broke the nurse hooked me up to see how far apart my contractions were. I didnt even know I was having contractions..I didnt feel them at all. Turns out I was 3-5 minutes apart. At about midnight I was 10 centimeters and I started to push at 1215a..he was born at 1238a. I didnt get an episiotomy and I didnt tear...it was great! I told the doc 2 seconds after he came out that if I could be assured Id have another birth like that Id have another kid tomorrow. :)
Not sure what this one will have in store for me. Im all about drugs though when it comes to this.
Both my pg's were good. With the first I didnt have any ms..I was dizzy a bit. With my second I broke out on my back for a while...I didnt feel icky until about 16 weeks..and smells got to me..coffee was gross to me..I had to hide my coffee maker.
With my angel baby smells got to me big time...I was so sensitive to smells.
This time around...so far...still feeling great! I should go to sleep earlier but never seem to...Id like to sleep in in the morning but cant cuz Logan is awake. I wake up in the morning thinking okay tonight I will go to bed early..and it doesnt happen. The overtiredness hasnt hit me like it did when I was pg with Logan. I have not felt icky yet where I have to eat saltines before I get out of bed. Im started to be a bit worried cuz I dont have that many pg feeling..I mean..I do with the fuller breats...sensitive breasts..peeing all the time...and some twinges..but other then that nothing.
Monday is my u/s.
So exicing that you are not planning on finding out this time if its a boy or girl. I am kinda excited to find out since I have never before.
The only thing I am craving is mustard.
So scary about your blood pressure! How cool to do a home birth this time.
Let's see..about me:

I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist.
Im a hard critic, but am most difficult on myself.
I was born in the US am 100% Italian. My dad was born and raised in Italy and my mom was born and raised in Brazil (although she is 100% Italian)
Im not a drinker but every once in a blue moon like a glass of wine. If I was in Mexico or Hawaii I would definitly be drinking some fruity drinks like Pina Colada.
I started going to juinor college after high school wasnt sure what I wanted to do...then I moved away to be with my boyfriend..I got pg and never ended up finishing school.
I love being a mother although its trying at times.
I love scary movies and dramas.
Im a romantic.
I love the little things in life.
I love getting a mani/pedi
I like diamonds. :)

Okay...so there is a silly list of things to start off with.

Its Independence day here today..and its crazy! Fireworks are going off everywhere.

Chat with you soon.
Tam
Its so interesting- it seems every pregnancy carries with it different varieties of MS....does that make sense?.....sorry! Its 8pm here and im so ready for bed! How embarrasing! I meet up with my girl friends every 2nd sat for a movie night. They start at 8 and go til around 1am! Ive had to skip the last couple as ive been so tired out!
Yah youll be excited for your u/s tomorrow! Please let me know how it goes! Do you have a Facebook/Youtube/myspace acc? If youre comfortable with it would love to be able to share pics as we grow, compare bumps etc No problem if youre not a fan of that kind of thing :)

What amazingly different birth stories....gives me hope that this birth will go nice and fast and smoothly. Would you ever contemplate a home-birth or birthing with a independant midwife?

Dont be worried about your lack of symptoms. Alot of people go a whole pregnancy with no MS. Id be greatful for everyday you have that youre not bent over a toilet bowl! lol Your u/s will be a great way to ease your mind.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Kate
I have a Facebook account. Id love to share pics etc when we start growing. I tried to look you up on there..Im thinking I found you but Im not sure. Is your profile pic a pic of you and your husband on your wedding day?
Im not telling everyone I am pg now..so please dont write on my wall about it. :) Let me know if that was you and I will friend you.

Had my u/s today. So far so good...saw the hb. It was in the normal range for only being 6 weeks. (115) I couldnt believe how nervous I was. I wish the u/s tech let me look at the screen more..she just showed me the gestational sac..the yolk sac and the hb. She was taking a ton of pics...so I thought that Id see more...but nope. With Logan the u/s tech had talked more and showed me my ovaries, bladder etc. I was measuring 6 weeks and 3 days..and I am 6 weeks 1 day according to the first day of my last AF...so the doc is keeping my dd for Feb 28. She gave me a couple pics. I dont know why I am so blah. I mean..I was excited to get the u/s. I was so nervous in there and it didnt help the tech was so serious and not talking..as I sat and feared the worst. Then after that she gave me my pics..I walked out and was happy...walked by the labor and delivery..still happy. Went to my docs office (which is attached to the hospital where I had the u/s done) and I was just ok. Kinda like, okay thats done..now nothing. I mean, why wouldnt I be soooo excited now that I saw the hb? I guess I keep thinking about (and am trying not to) about how my last pg when I miscarried that the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks..so I keep thinking did that baby have a hb at week 6. The doc said that it could have still grown with no hb. I hate driving myself nuts.

I remember what I felt like with Logan so tired in the first trimester..I could understand how you skipped the last 2 movie night;sounds like fun though.
I ended up telling my husbands side of the family this past weekend that we are expecting. I was planning on waiting...but it didnt happen. My parents are out of town now..but when they return I will tell them. Other then that I dont plan on telling anyone until after I have the CVS test done and hear that the results are good.
How are you doing other then tired?
I forgot to answer your questions. Woujld I ever contemplate home birth or birthing with an independent midwife? Hmm...Maybe birthing with an idependent midwife...home birth..nah..I like to be at the hosptial and be taken care of 100%..when Im home Im sure there would be a chance that I would do something I shouldnt. At any rate..I guess I never thought of those things before because I LOVE my doctors. They are in a practice of 4...and with both of my sons I have had the same doc deliver them..its funny cuz he just happened to be the one on call both times..even though they are 13yrs apart. Im sure my next birth I will get another doc..which is fine...they make you go see each doc during your visits at least once. I have to go to bed now. :)
Hi Tamara,
Sorry for late reply....ive been really sick! Up all last night feeling ill and hanging over the toilet bowl. Just have to remind myself that im not 'sick', im pregnant!

Yes thats me! So go ahead and request :) I also havent told alot of my friends....am waiting til week 12 so no writing anything birth related on my wall either!lol

Thats marvelous that yourve got such great doctors....they sound almost like friends, which is just what you need during pregnancy and labour. I felt the same way about hospitals and birth BEFORE Joey but had a rough time there when he was born. I guess i could travel 3 hrs to the next hospital but id have to arrange accomodation etc Just feels right for me to stay home. My MW is amazing....shes american (california i think) and shes amazing! Just fills you with so much strengh and positive energy. I have a strong sense that ill be ok at home but i totally understand your point of view. Why be in pain if theres something to take it away!Why not be somewhere where if theres an emergency youre in the right place. If i had more of a choice in hospitals or even a birthing centre id prob be there in a flash ;)

Isnt it a pain when the ultra-sound tec is less than enthusiastic! If i were in their shoes id try and treat each scan as if it were me lying there on the bed! I find that sort of thing soooo rude ( esp with preggy hormones circulating) Ive heard of people even saying something to the tec...'could i see more' etc just think it would take alot of gumption...it souldnt have to be that way!

I can completely relate to how youre feeling. Ive definately not 'bonded' as much with little growing bub as i did with Joey. Im purposely trying to remain a little aloof about the whole thing-guess just trying to protect myself and family from more pain. I also MC'ed at 8 weeks and was told that bub prob died a week or so before that...not that i ever sore bub as uterus was empty at u/s. Im guessing they came to that conclusion because there was a fair bit of brown'old' blood before any frank blood showed up. So it sounds to me that youre reacting like any normal preson would be.....if i were to have a scan id feel the same.....i think ill worry right up until buby is born! Be kind and gentle on yourself and know that the 'blah' feeling is a very common occurence :)
Oooh sorry to hear that you were up all night feeling sick. My stomach isnt right either;I have not gotten to the point where I am at the toilet bowl though..I hope I dont get there. :)
My indigestion has set in. I had it with my last two pg's...I took a Zantac tonight...I lived on them with Logan.
You have a friend request. ;) And no writing on walls about pg for any of us...sounds good.
Ugh, for you having to drive 3 hrs to the next hosptial stinks. Im glad you seem so comfortable with you MW..it sounds perfect for you. If I were in your shoes Im sure Id do the same thing. Who will be watching joey when you are in labor?
My tiredness has continued..so I am thinking that finally I have pg syptoms.
My parents will be home from their trip tomorrow so I look forward to telling them the good news. Im praying they watch Logan for me for a bit so maybe I can take a nap. lol
How is it living in such a beautiful place? Where you born there? Have you been to the US? If so, where?
'My tiredness has continued..so I am thinking that finally I have pg syptoms.
My parents will be home from their trip tomorrow so I look forward to telling them the good news. Im praying they watch Logan for me for a bit so maybe I can take a nap. lol
How is it living in such a beautiful place? Where you born there? Have you been to the US? If so, where?'

Has your nappy brain set in yet? I feel that any time after 3pm it goes all soft and mushy lol
Thats def a preg symptom! Tiredness has hit me like a tonne of bricks too - without atleast a lie down mid afternoon im a mess! Am glad yourve finally go a symptom...lets just pray thats the only symptom youre burdeoned with!
Youll be getting so excited about telling your parents....how are you passing on the message? A gift? A t-shirt?Or just blurting it out? With my last angel baby i made a t.shirt for joey that said ' im a big brother'.....didnt do that this time....its a shame how mc takes the shine off things :(
Born here in NZ and love it so much id like to live here forever. Ive not travelled to America. My husband travelled down the east coast(from Ohio to DC, to Florida, them back up to West Virginia) a few years back and has the most amazing stories of his time there. Hes def motivated to go back and take me with him....itl just be a matter of when! Hes just started his own business designing and building web-solutions, so our feet are well in truely on the ground at the moment....will be for awhile i guess :(
Have you bought anything for buba yet? Ive not but have been given a few small items which ive tucked away. Wish i could go out and start shopping up a storm.....just doesnt feel right just yet. With Joey id already bought a big ticket items for him by now! I always thought mc happened to OTHER people! Now im feeling bad for even bringing it up! This buby deserves to be celebrated.....i guess its just a matter of trusting my body again.
Thanks for the friend add :) Promise i wont say a thing until you give the heads up
Hope youre managing the tiredness with lots of rest ( youll prob be wondering what ;rest' is with two kiddies!) Praying your parents recognise that you need a wee break from being mum and jump in to your rescue.
Kate
I have not bought anything yet. I think I will wait until I find out the gender. Oh, not sure if I told you, but I guess with the CVS test that I should be getting at about 11 weeks I could find out the gender..its 99% accurate. I know we want to find out this time...just not sure if I want to know this soon. Does that sound odd? I guess I will have to talk with my husband about it. Oh, by the way...in case I have not mentioned already..my husbands name is Jason. I think it will make it easier if I just call him by his name at times. :)
I snuck a peak at your videos...very cute..I have been wanting to add videos for a while but have to buy something for my pc first so I can see them..that or I need to figure it out.
Love your pics too!
I noticed that your birthday is September 18th....that probably explains why we get along so well...Im a Virgo too. My birthday is September 16th.
One day you will have to travel to America...I wonder how youd like it.
My parents finally came home and I decided to have Logan walk up to them with they u/s picture ..when he did he said baby girl...it actually sounded more like baby gurl. Too cute! Anyway, he must think its going to be a girl. ha ha My mom understood right away and it took my dad some coaxing. They are happy...just not happy that they will not be spending the holidays here since they have to come back to Illinois from Arizona in mid Feb. They live in Illinois and in Arizona...they spend the winters at their house in Arizona and the rest of their time here. My parents like to spend the holidays with us..but since the baby is due in Feb that doesnt leave them much time in Arizona. Normally they leave Illinois right after New years and come back to Illinois at the end of May. I guess this year they are leaving Illinois in the beginning of November (since they have a weddind and a trip planned for October) and they will only spend a few months in Arizona rather then 5 1/2. Oh yeah, thats the other thing..my mom wont fly anymore...cuz if she did then they could just as easily fly back and forth...however since she has a fear of flying now it requires a 2 day car ride.
Well, Im off to bed.
Tamara
I have not bought anything yet. I think I will wait until I find out the gender. Oh, not sure if I told you, but I guess with the CVS test that I should be getting at about 11 weeks I could find out the gender..its 99% accurate. I know we want to find out this time...just not sure if I want to know this soon. Does that sound odd? I guess I will have to talk with my husband about it. Oh, by the way...in case I have not mentioned already..my husbands name is Jason. I think it will make it easier if I just call him by his name at times. :)
I snuck a peak at your videos...very cute..I have been wanting to add videos for a while but have to buy something for my pc first so I can see them..that or I need to figure it out.
Love your pics too!
I noticed that your birthday is September 18th....that probably explains why we get along so well...Im a Virgo too. My birthday is September 16th.
One day you will have to travel to America...I wonder how youd like it.
My parents finally came home and I decided to have Logan walk up to them with they u/s picture ..when he did he said baby girl...it actually sounded more like baby gurl. Too cute! Anyway, he must think its going to be a girl. ha ha My mom understood right away and it took my dad some coaxing. They are happy...just not happy that they will not be spending the holidays here since they have to come back to Illinois from Arizona in mid Feb. They live in Illinois and in Arizona...they spend the winters at their house in Arizona and the rest of their time here. My parents like to spend the holidays with us..but since the baby is due in Feb that doesnt leave them much time in Arizona. Normally they leave Illinois right after New years and come back to Illinois at the end of May. I guess this year they are leaving Illinois in the beginning of November (since they have a weddind and a trip planned for October) and they will only spend a few months in Arizona rather then 5 1/2. Oh yeah, thats the other thing..my mom wont fly anymore...cuz if she did then they could just as easily fly back and forth...however since she has a fear of flying now it requires a 2 day car ride.
Well, Im off to bed.

Hi Tamara,
Well, the last couple of days ive been very sick with MS. I couldnt even bring myself to sit infront of the computer....the glow of the screen and the fact that my computer chair is so uncomfy, meant that sitting on the couch infront of the tele in the evenings was the best place for me! I was never as sick as this with Joey....people are already guessing its a girl.....im sure its a boy...just have that 'feeling'. Its strange how people expect you to feel disappointed..as if you need atleast one of each sex to be happy. I disagree....now that ive had Joey i cant picture my life with a girl! I guess after 2 boys youll be feeling the pressure in that regard to? Im from a family of 5 girls.....mum and dad were obviously trying for a boy ;)

How great that a CVS test can give you so much info! Are there any risks involved? I know what you mean 11 weeks does sound early to find out the sex.....I love the idea of getting the doc to record it on paper.....see how long you can hold out before looking ;)

How interesting that our birthdays are so close....and that our babies may be too! The world works in very interesting ways! For instance, I wasnt even going to use this site as am a huge fan of the forum i belong to ' Nappy Network' but thought ' hey, why not just give it a go' I was so suprised to even get an answer....and then for us getting on so well- what a bonus!

im still yet to explore your facebook profile...its not that im not super intereseted, just this MS seems to peak in the evenings and because i dont have access to the internet during the day( its been re-wired to my hubbys office which is 20 metres from our house lol ps we live on a rural estate so heaps of space) i dont gert the time to hang out here much :(

Have you ever travelled to nz? I live in the South Island ( the prettiest of the two) rurally, just out of Dunedin. Its a magestic spot and i feel so blessed to live here. The only things a long for are more variety in, food, clothes, events, ( ive heard the shopping in the states is to die for)Apart from that im happy here :)

GHope youre doing well and not feeling as dreadful as i am....im looking forward to it passing!

Are you showing yet? I think ive started to show a little.....though have def put on weight around my middle....which is inevitable considering the fact ive had to snack all day to function like a human ;)

Kate
Hi Kate!

So sorry to hear that you have been so ill with MS. I too have been feeling either nausea or indigestion UGH its no fun! Tonight I thought I was going to die I was so nauseous...I thought for sure I was going to get sick. I still dont feel 100% but I am a bit better...good enough to check my email. My mother in law called while I was laying down so I decided to answer her call and she told me to eat some Saltines...I dont know why I didnt think of that...I bought them last week on purpose. lol When I feel like this I question if this will be my last pg or not. I usually say that I want 4 total..which means one more after this one. How many children do you want?

Your parents had 5 girls??? WOW!! Before I eve had children my mom wished 5 girls on me...ha ha ha guess that wasnt supposed to be a good thing...and as you know I have 2 boys so far. I think I always wanted a girl....BUT I love my boys more then anything in the world and couldnt imagine my life without them. When I was pg this last time I wanted a girl since I had 2 boys already. As you know then I MC. When I found out I was pg this time I honestly thought (you know what...I dont care if I have a boy or a girl...I just hope its healthy. I started to think about how cute it would be for Logan to have a little brother to play with...so at this point I dont care. However...I do have to say that I hope I have one girl...I gues it might be so I can dress her up and do her hair..and when she is older we can go shopping together and get our nails done...at least thats how Id like it to be) I have also found that every pg is different. WIth AJ I didnt really have MS. With Logan I had MS the first 14 weeks...indigestion..I broke out on my back and face..I totally thought I was having a girl since I never had a pg like that before...low and behold I had another boy....so you never know.

I signed up on this website one night after catching the two main ladies on a talk show. I read a couple threads but thats it. Then I didnt come back on until i thought I might be PG...I was trying to read anything and everything from people saying what their symptoms were...thats when I found your post. The rest is obviously history. I have posted one time on another topic...I now only come here to reply to your post.. lol Im thinking that since we mainly are just talking to each other maybe we should start sending out messages through facebook...what do you think? I have never heard of Nappy Network. I used to go on Babycenter for a couple years..met a great group of girls but we started to chat on facebook now.

Im in no hurry for you to explore my profile and pics on facebook.. :) take your time. I have not lost my weight since I had Logan. I highly doubt you will see a reent pic of me on there since I want to lose my weight first. lol With this indigestion I feel so bloated I think I look like Im 5 months pg already. :) My doctor thought I was crazy when I told her that. I am pretty sure that besides the bloating that I am showing. However tonight I took a walk to my grandmas and she asked me if I lost weight. I have not told her yet that I am pg. When she asked if I lost weight I was thinking (well with the way I have been having to eat small amounts through-out the day I probably have)

I have never traveled to NZ. I would LOVE to one day. Shopping in the states is great..if you have the money and if you are thin enough to fit in everything...at this time I dont feel like either. Ha ha

I seriouly hope that this awful feeling for you and I passes soon.

With the CVS there is a risk of a MC...but its not very high. They do the procedure via ultra sound. Not sure if you ahve read about it..click on this:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/cvs.html

Chat with you soon!
Hello Girls,
please join us on Facebook to see our SwellyBelly Maternity Belly Band and Nursing Cover
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/SwellyBelly-Matern...
we would love it if you joined us!
good luck

Nine Moons

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service