Hi all,

Im a New Zealand mum in her 2WW and its driving me nutty!

Am wanting to hear from other mums in the same position as me...

How are you passing the time?
What very early pregnancy symtoms have you been experiencing?

Im 12 dpo and have been experiencing cramping and Creamy CM, plus a bit of insomnia too.

Thanks so much in advance

Kate

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kate,

I am not sure how many dpo I am...I am guessing 11. I had a miscarriage in November and after my D and C my cycle has been unpredictable. Its not as bad as it could be, I have anywhere from 25-30 day cycles;whereas before the miscarriage I had 28 day cycles.

The last three nights while laying in bed I have been feeling tiny cramps, and I have also noticed creamy cm. I know that with my last pg that I felt these tiny cramps days before AF was supposed to arrive;and then I found out I was pg.
How many days in your cycle typically?

We have a wedding to go to on Friday and I will be at CD27, I am thinking that if AF doesnt come by then that I may test so that I could possibly at least enjoy a couple glasses of wine if I get a BFN.

Good luck to you.

Tamara
Thankyou for your reply Tamara :)

I too had a MC three months ago.....was trying for 4 months before that so have been getting a little anxious as its 7 months since out TTC journey began.

My cycles are usually 26-28 days long . They were very regular before my MC at 28 but since then have fluctuated a bit.

Well i caved in yesterday and tested.....I got a BFP!!!! MY husband and I are over the moon though cauciously so this time around. I think ill truely relax after i hit the 12 week mark.

Your cramping and CM both sound just like what ive been experiencing, so ill be crossing all my fingers and toes for you :)

Let me know how things go for you

Kate
Kate,

Congrats! How thrilling for you guys.
I caved today after I went to the store to by tests to take on Friday. Temptation got the best of me and I got a BFP too! What do you estimate you due date will be? From when my last period was my DD would be Feb 28th. I have to call my docs office tomorrow so I can go get my levels taken. After my miscarriage they told me to call them as soon as I got my first positive pg test and then theyd have me test my levels. I have my fingers crossed. Did you call the doc today?

Tamara

Kate Butson said:
Thankyou for your reply Tamara :)

I too had a MC three months ago.....was trying for 4 months before that so have been getting a little anxious as its 7 months since out TTC journey began.

My cycles are usually 26-28 days long . They were very regular before my MC at 28 but since then have fluctuated a bit.

Well i caved in yesterday and tested.....I got a BFP!!!! MY husband and I are over the moon though cauciously so this time around. I think ill truely relax after i hit the 12 week mark.

Your cramping and CM both sound just like what ive been experiencing, so ill be crossing all my fingers and toes for you :)

Let me know how things go for you

Kate
Awww thats brilliant news! Congratulations!

My due date will be the 26th of feb so we are definately pretty much 'due date buddys' :)

Ill be ringing my midwife today. She was amazing when i miscarried and stayed intouch for weeks after. Cant wait to see her again and will def be getting my levels checked for piece of mind.

Will this be your first child?

I have a wee boy Joey whos 23 months old.

So excited for you :D

Kate

Tamara said:
Kate,

Congrats! How thrilling for you guys.
I caved today after I went to the store to by tests to take on Friday. Temptation got the best of me and I got a BFP too! What do you estimate you due date will be? From when my last period was my DD would be Feb 28th. I have to call my docs office tomorrow so I can go get my levels taken. After my miscarriage they told me to call them as soon as I got my first positive pg test and then theyd have me test my levels. I have my fingers crossed. Did you call the doc today?

Tamara

Kate Butson said:
Thankyou for your reply Tamara :)

I too had a MC three months ago.....was trying for 4 months before that so have been getting a little anxious as its 7 months since out TTC journey began.

My cycles are usually 26-28 days long . They were very regular before my MC at 28 but since then have fluctuated a bit.

Well i caved in yesterday and tested.....I got a BFP!!!! MY husband and I are over the moon though cauciously so this time around. I think ill truely relax after i hit the 12 week mark.

Your cramping and CM both sound just like what ive been experiencing, so ill be crossing all my fingers and toes for you :)

Let me know how things go for you

Kate
Kate,

So when you called your midwife..when did they ask you to go in and check your levels? Please keep me posted.

Yes we are DD buddies!

I have two boys. My oldest is AJ he is 15yrs old (I had him at 20yrs old. His dad and I never married;we have a good relationship though and he has always been a part of my sons life.
Then I there is Logan, he is 20 months. (they actually look alike too)

I called my doctors office today and spoke to the nurse. She asked when the first date of my last period was and I told her May 24th...then she asked if I had a positive pg test yet..and I told her yes. She said because I already had a positive pg test that she was not worried about my levels at all..she said for it to come up that early it probably means that are high. Then she said that she wants to do whatever needs to be done to make me comfortable..so I could either go in to get my levels checked or have an u/s at 6 weeks to see the HB. I of course opted for the u/s. I am super excited! My u/s is scheduled for July 6th and my first OB appt is July 13th.

I am hoping for a healthy baby..boy or girl is fine with me. Of course Id like to have one girl..but if this one is a boy I will be just as thrilled. I plan on having one more after this one. I always wanted a big family.

Do you work? If so, who takes care of Joey while your working? Are you hoping for a boy or girl?


Im so glad that I decided to check out this website again and that I read your message. Who would have thought that we would both end up pg and finding out 1 day apart...and then having dd so close together.
Hi Jenn,

Sticky dust to you! Is your cycle regular? How old is your son?

Jenn George said:
My husband and I are trying to conceive right now. We just started this week. This will be our 2nd child, so being busy with our toddler helps me not think about "am I pregnant, not yet, when ?".

Some early signs I had with both my pregnancies (I had 1 miscarriage and 1 son) were-
* Very tired
* Sore breasts
* Memory loss, losing track of time mostly, probably because of the fatigue
* Bloating
* Just felt pregnant

I had all these before I got a positive test result. I just kind of new I was pregnant. Cravings, eating a lot and urinating frequently didn't start till closer to my 2nd trimester.
Hi Jenn,

Youre right having a toddler is a definate distraction....plus it helps to have something cute and little to give lots of love and affection too.....otherwise id be going crazy with cluckiness!

Tamara- My midwife had scheduled a meet up for 5 days time. I had a chat to her about perhaps taking my HCG levels and keeping a track of them. She discussed with me that, depending on the person, this can often be more stressful then anything ie, waiting for results each week....did they go up enough to mean this is a viable pregnancy etc etc Hubby and I will have a big chat about this and get back to you. Im trying to remind myself that this is a pregnancy seperate from the last ( when i mc'ed)
Im a trained primaryschool teacher but have choosen not to work while i have babies to look after- so im a full-time stay at home mum :) I tutor a couple of students for some 'pocket money' and might start taking students privately for piano lessons.

How about you Tamara ? Do you work ( besides your job as a mum ;) )
Hi Kate!

As of 12.12.08 I am a full time stay at home mom. I love it. It is by far the most difficult job I have ever had, however the most rewarding.
I agree that the added stress of the test results is something you dont need. Is an ultra sound at 6 weeks an option?

Kate Butson said:
Hi Jenn,

Youre right having a toddler is a definate distraction....plus it helps to have something cute and little to give lots of love and affection too.....otherwise id be going crazy with cluckiness!

Tamara- My midwife had scheduled a meet up for 5 days time. I had a chat to her about perhaps taking my HCG levels and keeping a track of them. She discussed with me that, depending on the person, this can often be more stressful then anything ie, waiting for results each week....did they go up enough to mean this is a viable pregnancy etc etc Hubby and I will have a big chat about this and get back to you. Im trying to remind myself that this is a pregnancy seperate from the last ( when i mc'ed)
Im a trained primaryschool teacher but have choosen not to work while i have babies to look after- so im a full-time stay at home mum :) I tutor a couple of students for some 'pocket money' and might start taking students privately for piano lessons.

How about you Tamara ? Do you work ( besides your job as a mum ;) )
Hi Tamara,

Sorry for late reply! I think 'placenta brain' is getting the best of me already!
Ive been researching the safety of scans a little and am not sure ill be taking the early 6 or 12 week scans. Ive heard its been common to get an all clear after a scan but that doesnt mean that in two days time there wont be a problem. Google scans + safety and see what you think x We've decided to go with the 20 week scan though as it can pick up problems that may be undiagnosed after birth and beyound.

How are you feeling!? Any morning sickness yet?
This is day three of MS for me which i find comforting as i didnt have this with my last angel baby.
My midwife informed me that you can sail through without MS simply by keeping your blood sugar levels up!
Im eating alot! Are you?

Hope youre doing well
:)

Tamara said:
Hi Kate!

As of 12.12.08 I am a full time stay at home mom. I love it. It is by far the most difficult job I have ever had, however the most rewarding.
I agree that the added stress of the test results is something you dont need. Is an ultra sound at 6 weeks an option?

Kate Butson said:
Hi Jenn,

Youre right having a toddler is a definate distraction....plus it helps to have something cute and little to give lots of love and affection too.....otherwise id be going crazy with cluckiness!

Tamara- My midwife had scheduled a meet up for 5 days time. I had a chat to her about perhaps taking my HCG levels and keeping a track of them. She discussed with me that, depending on the person, this can often be more stressful then anything ie, waiting for results each week....did they go up enough to mean this is a viable pregnancy etc etc Hubby and I will have a big chat about this and get back to you. Im trying to remind myself that this is a pregnancy seperate from the last ( when i mc'ed)
Im a trained primaryschool teacher but have choosen not to work while i have babies to look after- so im a full-time stay at home mum :) I tutor a couple of students for some 'pocket money' and might start taking students privately for piano lessons.

How about you Tamara ? Do you work ( besides your job as a mum ;) )
Hi Kate!

I gave up on you. You had me so worried! I feared the worst. Sorry.

Im so glad to hear that you are doing well. I have not been checking on here latley because I honestly thought you were not checking in again. Just by chance I decided to give it another try. Now I hope you check in to see if I responded. :)

My breats are a little sore and they feel fuller. I gag when I brush my teeth (never had that happen before;but have heard about it) At times I may feel some twinges...but not much anymore. With my 2nd son I started having morning sickness around week 6...so I am waiting to see what happens this time. Since the u/s was offered to me at 6 weeks I am going to take it. I already know that I am going to get the CVS test done and last time they were going to do that at about 11 weeks. When they do that they first give you an u/s to determine what way they will stick the needle in depending upon the placenta. I understand your reason for wanting to wait until 20 weeks. When the nurse practitioner suggested a u/s at 6 weeks...I said yes...but then also said to her that that didnt mean that something couldnt go wrong after that...and she agreed with me. I guess it might just help me for a short while. Once you have had a ,c you are probably always uneasy until you can feel the baby.

My eating is up and down. Oddly enough I seem to crave mustard. (of course I dont eat just straight mustard though)

What kind of ms are you feeling?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Hi Tamara,

Do you get a topic notification to your email when someone replys to your discussion?
They are very handy and would probably forget about this website if i didnt get them! lol

Day 4 of really bad morning sickness here. I couldnt be happier! Its such a comforting sign ( i didnt get nausea with angel baby)
Am finding i have to eat pretty much every 2 hrs to prevent myself from being sick! A walk in the fresh air does wonders.
Am ready for bed most days at about 3pm :) Have to say my boobs arent hurting yet but hubby has mentioned they are definately fuller ;)
Good on you getting the tests done - its a great way to ease your mind. Let me know how you go!

Have you written up a list of fav names yet? I know its early days but it cant hurt to be organised lol

Top boys names : Jack, Harry, george, Emmanuel Girls: Lilly, Ella, Stella, Hope.

Looking forward to your next email :D ( no matter how long it takes to get it ;) )

Kate
OH MY GOSH! This is the third attempt to write you. I have accidentally pushed the wrong button twice and erased my post.

Thank you so much for telling me about the email notification thing. I had no idea. I then noticed after reading your post that there is a button you can click on at the end of the page...so I am all set. :)

NAMES! lol I love the name game. I play the name game even when Im not pg. My husband on the other hand doesnt care for the name game. I feel he likes to wait until the very end to talk about names. With my last son we were in the hosptial and I was in labor and we still were not 100% on a girls name. Im glad I didnt have a girl..because I doubt I would have liked that name now. This time around..I have a list of boy and girl names that I like. Who knows if my dh (dear husband) would like any of these. Oh and by the way...I like your name list. Does your dh like all those name?

Boys: Evan, Griffin, Seth and Jacob Girls: Ellerie, Athena, Gianna, Sienna

For girls I have been trying to match up some middle names, but Im not sure what name I would pick for each. Here are the combos I was thinking about:

Ellerie Reese
Athena Grace
Gianna Grace
Gianna Reese
Sienna Grace

I dont remember if you told me...did you find out the sex of your baby when you were pg? Will you this time? I never did before...but promised my son that it would be his choice this time if we find out or not. He of course wants to find out. Since I plan on having two more babies..this one and one other one..I figure I will find out this time and leave the last one for a surprise.

Still feeling fine today...I do notice that my back aches when I am in one position too long..that has been going on since a couple days prior to me finding out I was pg.

Not sure if you told me before, but how was your pg with your son and how was labor?

Tamara

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors











© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service