My first child was born 7 weeks early, she was breech, so the doctors would not allow me to try and deliver her naturally. I was told after the c-section that if I were to have another child I could deliver vaginally. Now I am pregnant with my second child and I have new medical insurance, and my new physician has informed me that VBAC's are not an option at that hospital! I am soo upset! I cannot find a hospital closer than an hour away that will alow me to deliver vaginally. What can I do???

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you considered a birth center or homebirth? Where do you live? It sounds like you would benefit from seeing a midwife. Subjecting you to a repeat C-section for no reason at all is not good enough!

Homebirth midwives charge a fraction of what a hospital birth would cost and often allow payment plans. Perhaps you could pay out of pocket if necessary?
I have never heard of anyone doing this, but you may be able to talk to the hospital. They are following guidelines set forth, but maybe you can sign some sort of consent. Other than that, you may have to go to a hospital that is further away or do a home birth. Those are probably your only options right now. I would write a letter, though, to the hospital by you and tell them you are upset that they are limiting your options for a safe birth. I would also write a note to your physician and other physicians in the area. People need to know that women are upset that their options are being taken away.
Rachel Leavitt said:
I have never heard of anyone doing this, but you may be able to talk to the hospital. They are following guidelines set forth, but maybe you can sign some sort of consent. Other than that, you may have to go to a hospital that is further away or do a home birth. Those are probably your only options right now. I would write a letter, though, to the hospital by you and tell them you are upset that they are limiting your options for a safe birth. I would also write a note to your physician and other physicians in the area. People need to know that women are upset that their options are being taken away.
thank you for your good suggestions!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service