Ok everybody!
I am getting ready to attend a birth and she is due at the end of october, so she is about 37 weeks. She called me today to let me know that the doctor told her that the baby is breech and big! This is her second pregnancy and she was hoping for a VBAC without any intervention. Her section was over eight years ago and up until today everything was looking very positive and on the right track.
I am a newer doula, I have attended 5 births as a doula and an additional two as an observer. This is my first VBAC and was really excited to see her body do it's job well! I am a little bummed but I am an eternal optimist when it comes to birth. I am trying to get her some information so that she can try to turn the baby. She has an appt for moxibustion today, recommended by her doctor.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am familiar with many methods of turning the baby, I just want to hear stories of what has worked and what hasn't worked.
Thank you!
Happy Doulaing! :)
Corie

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

She may also want to try hypnosis. Hypnobabies has a CD or an MP3 download of the Turn your breech Baby track.
http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/breech_baby_info.htm
Hi Corie
My VBA3C was also breech at 37 weeks and I had a combination of moxabustion and acupuncture. She turned! She was 9lbs 10oz at birth at 40+1 too so she was also a biggie (I'm only 5'2") so tell your client not to give up hope.
Good luck and come back and let us know how things go.
Tina x
http://www.betterbirthdoulas.co.uk
ICAN UK Regional C-ordinator
I found the information and methods useful for repositioning baby @ www.spinningbabies.com. There are 3 principles of spinning babies--1.Balance 2. Gravity 3. Movement. Much detail, and shared experiences are on this site.
Moxibustion has a high success rate for treatment of breech position from the research I have read. In my doula practice I have not had any clients use this method. Maybe in my area this technique is not frequently used or availble.
Do not give up. Try it all to flip that Baby to a head position and press on with the VBAC. ------Nancy
Corie
As a HypnoBirthing practitioner, I have had great success with deep relaxation visualizations and hypnosis for turning a breech baby. It is important for a woman to visualize her baby in the head down position.
That being said, I have a fundamental belief that babies know how to be in the correct position for birth, and it often the fears of the mom which cause enough tension that the uterus just won't relax enough for the baby to turn. If you can release that tension, either thru hypnosis, accupuncture, etc, the baby WILL turn on it's own. Also, spinningbabies.com is a great site!
Good luck!
Jaci
www.bonitabirthingsolutions.com
So, the baby turned with the help of moxibustion. Now we are praying that she drops and engages in the pelvis in the next two weeks to prevent a c-section.
She will! You guys have gotten this far, yay! Good luck keep us posted!
I forgot to post an update to this! The baby was born naturally and was just under 9 pounds. The delivery went very well and mom and baby are healthy and well!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service