I have a couple of questions.

The first being if you could reccomond only ONE book for moms to be what would it be?

The next question is very distrubing. I am studing to become a CNM. I am taking A&P right now. I have several females in my class who actually did not know what or where the urterus was for.
One comment was made to me Its not like i had a baby or anything. Another said I am so glad you don't have to know all this stuff to have a baby. Completly shocking!!!
I did hear another female in the class say she was quite sure how women(girls) can say I don't know how I got pregnant. For me the proof was right there. women don't know about their bodies.

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Ina May's Guide To Childbirth. Hands down.

I don't understand exactly what your next question was....
I second "Ina May's Guide to childbirth" another really good one would be "The Birth partner" by Penny Simkin
Definitely "The Birth Partner" by Penny Simkin! A totally indispensable book for moms-to-be and anyone assisting them through labor.

I agree, it is so sad how many women don't understand how their own bodies work. I think every woman should read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, even if they're not planning on practicing NFP. We need to know what makes our bodies tick!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service