Hey everyone,
I am so happy at how fast our group has grown! there are some wonderful people here! I'd love to get to know you all and i'm sure you'd love to get to know one another!
So please, introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about who you are and why your here! :)

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there. I'm Monica, age 52, married almost thirty years; mother of three, grandmother of two. I breastfed my children until they self-weaned, my daughter at age five, son #1 at age three, son #2 at age four. I had almost no support until I discovered LLL by accident, when my first child was several months old, and they were a godsend. I am a childbirth educator, and try to encourage my clients to nurse, and gently nudge them in the direction of extended breastfeeding. Always glad to hear of ways to educate and support new or expectant mothers.
My name is Jamie and I am a SAHM with two girls, one 4 1/2 and the other is 1 1/2 and I have been a doula for 3 years. I BF my first and used formula and she chose the bottle at 41/2 months. I didn't know any other nursing mom's and I had a lot of trouble with engorgement and full blown mastitis so formula is how we went. With my second I had way more support and way more dedication to breastfeeding. I had the same problems this time and had 4 cases of mastitis that had to be treated with antibiotics. I was SOOOO sick. Anyways, we persevered through months of hell and at about 3 1/2 months we finally had a good nursing relationship that we just finished. I am a big supporter of breastfeeding. I also have a little thing with another stay at home where we make and sell tie-dye baby onesies.
Hi, my name is Gena I am a WAHM with three girls, Av 6, Uma 3, and Charlize (Charlie) newborn. I'm a Doula and a Radio Host. I have website for moms, Mommy Matters Online and host an Online Parenting Community. My friend and I are opening a Mommy's Resource Center in town, we'll offer breastfeeding classes, Childbirth Education, pre and post natal yoga. Mommy n Me yoga and fertility yoga. Infant massage and more, ask me if I'm excited! I nursed both of my oldest till they were 2 1/2 I might have gone on longer but stopped both times because I was pregnant! I can't wait to see how long Charlie will go! Would love to have any of you come onto our Parenting site and share your joys and trials with new mommies in Fresno, so they wont feel alone!

I have son, Titus 20 months, and one more due in August. I am still nursing my son, although he only gets colostrom. I am debating whether to tandem nurse when the lil bro make his appearance. I live in Everett Washington, and am a stay at home mom, much thanks to wonderful husband.
My name is Tammy, I am 38 y.o. and had my first baby 10 months ago. I got here through my wonderful midwife who loaned me her copy of Ricki's video during my pregnancy and then I saw her on the Doctor's tv show and got introduced to this website. I am here to continue my education and hopeful share a little bit of what I have experienced so far. I didnt want children until a few months into my pregnancy and now I am hooked big time. I love all that there is to learn about this process. I am here to learn from those who go before me and get the support I need to be the best mommy I can be. The ability to connect through this website is a blessing--my close friends have children much older these days! I live in North Idaho with my husband, horses, dogs, cats and birds--plus one very special little girl.
I'm a momma of 3 with 1 on the way, due August 18. I'm also an RN working part-time. I breastfed all my babies. My first two were both breastfed for over 2 years. I would get comments but, I knew it was best. New infomation from the WHO (World Health Organization) has just changed the breastfeeding diet to 2 years now. Keep on giving your babies what's best for them :) I'm planning on becoming a CNM when I can find time to go back to school :)
Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am the Mama to a wonderful little girl, Alaina. She will be 15 moths next week, and is definitely not showing signs that she will wean anytime soon. I plan on BF for as long as she would like to. I am home with her during the day, and I go to work for a few hours in the evening when her Daddy gets home from work. I look forward to the chance to connect with other Mamas!
Hi everyone,
I've really enjoyed reading about all the wonderful moms and toddlers who are breastfeeding. I am Karen, I am the mother of eight. Like some of you, I breastfed my firstborn for only a short time. I was inexperienced and influenced by free samples of formula and bottles and interference from those who thought it was time to wean. With my next child and all the rest I nursed until they were 2 + years old. My last little girl breastfed until her third birthday.

I have been lucky to be a SAHM for 27 years but went back to school 3 years ago and am now working as a labor and delivery nurse. When I have a year of experience I am applying to become a CNM. I feel passionate about breastfeeding and maternity care reform. This web site thrills me because I love finding out about so many dedicated moms, reading your stories and hearing about all the lucky toddlers who are still breastfeeding. There is no better way to avoid the terrible twos than to nurse your way through them.
Hi, my name is Cindy and I am a stay at home mom to my daughter, Emerson who is just 3 months old. She has had nothing but the breast, despite everyone telling me that I'd never be able to "do" anything without her. I'm not sure what they had in mind, but I do not want to do anything without her. And we do everything that any bottle feeding mom could do. Anyway, I love to read about all the extended breastfeeders. I know my baby girl will be nursing as long as she wants to. I am hoping to find some great supportive moms here and ask for a little advice. I wonder if this is common or not, but ever since my daughter has been born, my hair is falling out quite a lot. I heard that this could happen from breastfeeding, but I am wondering if any moms out there have any tips on how to control it? Please let me know if you do! You ladies are such an inspiration and
I am so happy to have found a place where all of us natural moms are encouraged to do what we know is best. Keep up the good work.
Hello everyone, my name's Lucy and I joined this forum because of my inspirational midwife Lynn Walcott - see above! I have three and a half children, and have breasfed all (except the half!) up to twelve months. I had quite a funny experience with the local Health Visitor when I had my second. She asked me how long I breastfed my first for, and when I told her "full-time for six months", she gave me a funny look and said that at that time, two years earlier, they hadn't been advising mothers to breastfeed full time for as long as that. But as the advice had changed, she really couldn't tick me off!

I love breastfeeding and really can't imagine doing anything else. In fact I can't really see the appeal. Who wants endless bottles to wash up and less baby cuddles? just don't get it!
Hi my name is Emma and I am 31 years old. I am a stay at home mum to 4 children. Aden 11 fed for 9months, Katharine 8 fed for 2.5 years Sarah 6 fed for 2.5 years and Christopher 2 who is still being fed. I live in Brisbane Australia with my 4 kids and family oh so close by.
I love being a mum and all the challenges it brings. My mission in life is to get mum, woman in general to stop judging each other. We have to be strong for each other and not judge how each of us has decided how to parent. I have made my choices on information and support from great friends and family even if they didn't always agree. I beleave I am stronger for it and want to be able to give that to as many other woman as I can. So I have joined this group as when I started to feed Kat after 12 months I had a lot of negative things said to me and I only kept going becasue I was able to listen to my heart and trust my own decisions because of the true lessons my mother wsa able to pass on as a nonjudging mother.
Cindy Learner, After all of my children I lost a lot of hair. :Part of it is hormones so yes breastfeeding can be part of it. I found though as my hormones leveled out and we got in to more of the solid breastfeeding the hair loss decreased and then stoped. Your baby is still so young and your body is still working itself out from the birth and breastfeeding give it time and all will work its self out. I would though if it keeps going after 6 months to get it checked out.

Cindy Lerner said:
Hi, my name is Cindy and I am a stay at home mom to my daughter, Emerson who is just 3 months old. She has had nothing but the breast, despite everyone telling me that I'd never be able to "do" anything without her. I'm not sure what they had in mind, but I do not want to do anything without her. And we do everything that any bottle feeding mom could do. Anyway, I love to read about all the extended breastfeeders. I know my baby girl will be nursing as long as she wants to. I am hoping to find some great supportive moms here and ask for a little advice. I wonder if this is common or not, but ever since my daughter has been born, my hair is falling out quite a lot. I heard that this could happen from breastfeeding, but I am wondering if any moms out there have any tips on how to control it? Please let me know if you do! You ladies are such an inspiration and
I am so happy to have found a place where all of us natural moms are encouraged to do what we know is best. Keep up the good work.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service