Hey everyone,
I am so happy at how fast our group has grown! there are some wonderful people here! I'd love to get to know you all and i'm sure you'd love to get to know one another!
So please, introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about who you are and why your here! :)

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cindy,

i know this is months late, but i thought i would post for future moms reading this. Hair growth increases during pregnancy, and gradually returns to normal after birth (which appears to be a lot of hair loss at the time). it has nothing to do with breastfeeding.
see this link for more info: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/hairloss.html

peace,
emily
My name is Katie. I am 32 years old. I work but my husband stays home with our two children. 3.5 year old Owen and 9 month old Evie. Owen was breastfed until 2.5 when Evie was born. Unfortunately I could not handle tandem nursing and he had to wean suddenly. I hope to nurse Evie just as long. I currently am pumping twice a day for her at work and come home for lunch to nurse her. We plan to quit pumping when she turn one. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Katie
I'm Amanda. I'm 28 and my son will be 22 months on Sunday. I never dreamed we'd still be nursing. It is mostly good but sometimes I wish he'd night wean. But I believe strongly in child-led weaning so I won't push it on him. I am looking forward to chatting with y'all.
Hi everyone!
My name is Stephanie. I'm new to the site and to the group. I have a beautiful baby boy named Koi. He is 3 1/2 months old. He is exclusively breastfed and I intend to BF for a very long time; perhaps even tandem with baby number 2. Our baby and our birth has changed our lives completely.
I am on my way to my doula certification and have already attended my first birth. Precious birth has just become my passion and I am consumed with it.
I am so happy to meet other mamas who share the same outlook.
My name is Amy and I'm 29. I breastfed my daughter until she was 13 months, but we stopped when I was newly pregnant; it just felt like the right time. My son is 15 months old, and I don't really have any idea when he (or I) will be ready to stop.
I'm a birth doula and also work as a direct support provider for someone needing assistance with independent living skills.
I'm looking forward to finding support here and answers to my questions!
Hello ladies :) I'm Shannon, currently breastfeeding my 14 month old and 14 months ago stopped breastfeeding my adopted baby girl at age 3 and 2 weeks... (two weeks after her brother was birthed by me, by her choice). And I'm a homebirth midwife in Michigan.
Hi Midwifemomma,

I'm very interested in hearing about how breastfeeding your adopted daughter got off to such a good start that you were able to FB for 3 years! Bravo! What techniques did you use to get your milk flowing? A friend of mine is interested in adopting and I'd like to arm her with positive BF stories!
My name is Sara. I am 32 and expecting my 3rd in Feb. I have a 13 YO daughter and a 3 YO son. I live in Texas and just graduated from TWU w/a BS in Elem Education. I am currently working as a substitute, and the flexibility of sch is working out great.

My older sister BF my nephew who was born when I was 13. She is the only person I ever knew that did. I think she is the reason I decided to BF, b/c noone else encouraged me to. My daughter was BF, but due to a 12 hour seperation after she was born (i was drugged up from a c/s, epi didn't work so I was given narcotics which knocked me out) it was a struggle from the beginning. The hosp gave her formula and so she was over 24 hours old the first time she *tried to nurse.* I was determined to BF and was mostly successful. But I got bad info from the hosp. the pedi, and NO support from my family. At 3 mos she started cluster feeding and I was told it was b/c my milk did not have enough calories and was told to start her on cereal. it went downhill from there and by about 5 mos she was no longer nursing at all :(

When I was PG w/my son I had a Midwife who strongly encouraged BF and put me in touch w/LLL and lactation consultants in my area. I educated myself and did 3 things to ensure that the process would not start out like it did w/my daughter. 1)I insisted on a VBAC and refused the epi and other interventions that would threaten the chances that it would be "successful" 2) I refused to let them take him to the nursery until he had nursed (which he briefly did w/in 15 of birth) 3) I put my husband in charge of guarding our baby to ensure that nothing but "my nipple" went in his mouth for any reason w/out my express consent.

It worked and we got off to a great start. I knew I wanted to EBF (which I did, my son never had any formula at all) and planned to BF for the first year. Then when he was 1 he showed no interest in weaning and I wasn't going to force him. As per the WHO recommendations I continued to BF as long as he wanted. My family was appaled but I didn't care. He weaned himself shortly after his 2nd b-day. I plan to do the same with this child.

i joined this group for support in BF beyond the first year and to advocate for it!!!
Hi I am Beth a WAHM who owns an online nursing wear company. I am 32 and have been married for 5 years we have a 13 mo son, Barrett, who was exclusively BFed for the first 8 mos of hes life. We are still nursing on demand even though the newest member of our family will be here in March. We are planning on tandem nursing but are considering cutting back on Barrett's nursings.

I am so glad I found this site at times it is so hard to always be defending our parenting choices: EBF, natural birth and home birth fir our 2nd.
Hi there, My name is Rachel and I am 30 years old. I am a part-time, single, Mama to Alaina who is 18 months. I live in Central PA, but am hoping to move back to Maine where my family is from some time in the next year. I coach competitive gymnastics and cheerleading and I am a licensed veterinary technician.
I am still breastfeeding Alaina and am interested in this group because I want to meet other Moms like me. I am starting to get to the point where almost everyone I know is asking if I am still nursing. Some people in a life seem to think it is a priority that I stop nursing, and I really don't get why. I wouldn't change the closeness and quiet time I get with my DD through BF, or the opportunity it provides for me to make a lasting positive impact on my daughter's health.
Hi, I'm Jamie, a 27 year old stay-at-home-mommy of two girls. My oldest, Kailyn, will be three on Nov. 11th '09. And was nursed until she was 28 months. We had a hard time getting the latch right in the beginning. Which caused a LOT of pain. But thankfully I was surrounded by an amazing family and team of supporters who helped us through the hard times!! I weaned her because I was five months pregnant and it became very painful, because I was making very little milk. Thankfully she handled it very well with no tears!!! My baby Jocelyn was born July 9th '09. and immediatly latched on perfectly!!! It was amazing!!! Nursing is such a beautiful experience!!! I'm so thankful for the people who helped me when I had trouble. And want to help as many fellow mommies as I can!!!
Hi all! My name is Cathy and I'm hew to My Best Birth. I'm so happy to have found this website and this group! I'm a 23 year old SAHM to the cutest 11 month old around, Jack. We had a bit of a rocky start with breastfeeding thanks to some nurses with terrible advice (reason #137 I'll be avoiding hospital births from now on!) but we've been going strong ever since we got home. He'll be one at the end of November and we have no plans to stop. He doesn't have any teeth yet, so we're still nursing almost exclusively. Sometimes he'll show an interest in solids, but I don't push it unless he's really asking for them. I know the time will come when he'll prefer solid foods to his Mama's milk, so we'll let that come on it's own. : )

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service