I have been researching & planning a home birth for over a year now… My DH & I are almost ready to start trying & I was wondering what books I should buy for him to read. He supports me, but I know when we actually get pregnant he will need some additional information to help put his mind at ease. Any suggestions for both of us?

Tags: books, dad, homebirth

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Birthing from Within--very inspirational and interesting...especially if you like artsy stuff...check it out!
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth was fantastic!
Thoes are def 2 on my list.. Do you think they would be good for my hubby?
I think so. My hubby found Ina May's Guide (the parts he read, anyway!) very down to earth and reassuring. The first half of the book is birth stories, which can get a little boring so I recommend starting with the second half of the book and then going back and reading some of the birth stories.
We loved reading Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin. Especially powerful for my husband and I was reading all the varied birth stories. We read them aloud and shared our responses to them.
Enjoy!
Karen
I totally spaced, another one that I would recommend as your #1 for your husband to read is The Birth Partner. That is the only one I could get my husband to actually read.
Is that one natural friendly? I was worried it was set up more towards "how to be a good patient"
Spiritual Midwifery, Ina May Gaskin, along with Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
There is a book I just saw in "Midwifery Today" called, "The Fathers Home Birth Handbook", by Leah Hazard. It look very good!
I liked Ina May's Guide. :-)

Ina May's Guide is fantastic, there is also one called The Birthing Partner that I just purchased for my husband. It comes highly recommended and is aimed at husbands, doublas, etc. If anything I'm hoping it'll help him not freak out while I am laboring. Good Luck!

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service