I'm beginning to wonder if I will really get to have a homebirth now.  I've been having constant contractions for 3 days now with no progression... so now I'm exhausted and I'm sure baby is too.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and go to the hospital.  My spirits are so low and I'm wondering if I will ever have this baby.

Thoughts and prayers are welcome... because I sure do need them.

Views: 224

Replies to This Discussion

Will be praying. That has to be hard. I pray that you will get the home birth that you wish for.
Hang in there mama! My baby was 12 days "overdue", she came just at the right moment in her own timing. It was hard to trust her and the process, but I kept communicating with her and then the birth at home was smooth and fast:-) Also know that in France 41 weeks is considered normal and not like 40 over here.
Blessings for a smooth, beautiful birth!
I know how you feel, my baby came 8 days overdue. I know that you probably feel exhausted and frustrated, but just hang in there. I remember being completely miserable...I think there should be a support group on here just for ladies who are overdue!! I had false labor off and on for an entire month before I had my baby.

Remember that due dates are just estimates, and every woman has a different cycle/length of pregnancy. I read somewhere that the average is actually 8 days overdue, so according to that you're not too far away!

If you go to the hospital they are going to want to induce you, and that pretty much means that you can wave your hopes of having a natural birth bye-bye. The pitocin they use will make the contractions longer and more intense than natural contractions, making it more difficult for you and the baby. It can then go downhill from there with a range of interventions that you likely won't need.

I know it seems like you'll never have your baby, but just have faith that your body and your baby know what they are doing! You will see your baby soon enough, and that usually happens when you just give in, relax, and let it happen.

My advice is to forget about your due date, and try and go on with normal life. Go out to a nice dinner, see a movie, go shopping, clean house, bake some cookies, try to distract yourself and enjoy the last couple days of pregnancy. I know it's hard, but you will be grateful later if you do.

Good luck, and keep us posted!!
I have no idea what a hospital birth is like. I had my daughter at home and it was wonderful. Upside is, my house is super clean :)
I agree with Brandi. Remember the mental part of it is so important....as hard as it is to be relaxed right now that's exactly what you need to be to have the birth you want. The anxiety of being "overdue" is probably not going to make things happen any faster. If you are with your husband or boyfriend, I'd also recommend getting some "lovin'" in one last time- got things going for me just a couple of hours later. And share your concerns with your midwife so you can ultimately make the best decision for you. Rooting for you!
I know this is probally hard. I wasn't overdue with my first, I was induced @ 39 wk 5 days for a supposed big baby which lead to a c-section. I am having a home birth with this one and I know that at 36 wks I'm really starting to feel pregnant. My hospital midwife (who I see for tests, etc) says if you ever want to make sure the baby is in the right position for labor clean all the baseboards and floors in your house on your hands and knees (a concern for me because that is why I never progressed in my first labor-baby was OP). So I plan on having everything done for due date and then just obsessively cleaning the house from then on-doing the floors every day. I know this is not what you really want to hear, but is is something to do and concentrate on. You're in my prayers.
I hope that you give birth soon.. If you can just rest and believe in your miraculous body. Your baby and your body know when its time to give birth. Blessings!
Thank you so much ladies.

I've been at 3 cm and 50% effaced for about three weeks. My midwife says that my cervix keeps slipping behind that babys' head. I think I would feel just fine if there wasn't so much pressure and contracting going on. My husband has been wonderful through this... we don't even know if we are having a boy or girl so its like waiting on a Christmas that won't get here! lol

Reading this has made me feel much better.
again, I hear you girl! I had so many contractions/prelabor too and got teary everytime I saw a new baby at my midwifes office. She also gave me pulsatilla homeopathy to deal with the emotions and I took some bachflower remedies. Just keep thinking "I'm opening up, my cervix is opening and all is perfect." Hugs!
I'm sending you the most loving thoughts for a beautiful baby warm in your arms.
My heart goes out to you, it's not easy just in general and then there is the added stress of everyone breathing down your neck:( The best advice I can give (besides: take the good advice that's already been given) is that babies don't stay in there forever, so you little one will come out in their time. My first one was 14 days passed the "due date" and my second one was naturally induced after the 15th day passed the "due date" (one estimate at that time was that I was almost 44 weeks pregnant hahaha). I can't stress enough that having other people convince you that somehow you are being a horrible parent and an uneducated person for allowing your body her course of life when it comes to your baby, makes the birthing process and the postpardum recovery really frustrating. If you do feel like you're done with being pregnant and being induced may be the way to go, I suggest being induced naturally (your midwife breaks the water bag with a long, thin crochet needle looking thing) which doesn't necessarily hurt but may be more uncomfortable if your baby just really isn't ready. There are other methods that are natural, some are a little "old-wives tale" which make them more fun to try, and of course be patient and take the advice to try to enjoy yourself a little still;-) But don't let anyone talk you into anything, it's your body and you would know better than anyone if you think there is danger or strain caused to your baby.
Oh, by the way, I regret having been induced (even if it was natural) because I believe that babies come in their time and I wanted my baby to come in her time too.
so agree what you just said, all of it:-)

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service