I'm beginning to wonder if I will really get to have a homebirth now.  I've been having constant contractions for 3 days now with no progression... so now I'm exhausted and I'm sure baby is too.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and go to the hospital.  My spirits are so low and I'm wondering if I will ever have this baby.

Thoughts and prayers are welcome... because I sure do need them.

Views: 222

Replies to This Discussion

I waited 13 days past the due date. In July. Off and on contractions for weeks. My husband was sick of me "crying wolf". It wasn't so great to feel like a beached whale in the hottest part of the summer. But I think the extra time was what my baby needed. And ultimately, I had the baby when I was ready. Stay strong and try to keep positive.

Try to sleep. You sound exhausted. Is there anything that is safe to take that might help you sleep?

*easy labor dust* :)
I'm sorry it's been so difficult. It's tough when you can't sleep. It helped me to remember that each contraction gets me one closer to having my precious baby in my arms. I went 41 weeks and 4 days with our son--they DO come eventually! And it IS best for them to come when they are ready, as there is 'last minute' maturing that takes place. Just a thought, and maybe you are doing this, but using evening primrose oil helps the cervix soften and stretch. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you and looking forward to hearing your baby news!
For sleep my midwife prescribed coffea cruda homeopathics 200c, it helped immensely:-) maybe something to check out. Prayers and positive thoughts....
If anything, you can always go have an ultrasound done to check on the progression of the placenta. Hopefully you have a midwife who is guiding you through this process. Your body isn't broken. Have you tried red raspberry leaf tea? Or primrose oil? Nipple stimulation? Also, some women will drink castrol oil to get contractions working harder and stronger. Keep us updated!
Try to keep your spirits up, and like the other women said, trust your body to know what it is doing. I read you already have a child, so your body has done this before. It will all happen in its own time.

Try repeating positive birth affirmations to yourself over and over. I did that starting a few days before my homebirth, and during my labor. It was the most helpful thing to me... and I believe it is what helped me get through the contractions and have a fast labor and delivery.

I hope everything works out for the best.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service