Hello ladies, I am 41 + 1 today and my midwife has suggested that I see her OB for induction.  I have no effacement, no dilation and the baby has not completely dropped so she feels that it is in my best interest to have a hospital birth.  I have been taking orally and inserting the prime rose, walking, having lots of sex and have taken castor oil and nothing has helped.  I am not comfortable with being medically induced but would rather try that then have a repeat cesarean.  Can anyone tell me if they will use pitocin for the induction or is there something that is a little bit more natural and less evasive.  A friend of mine told me that she has heard of a pill that can be inserted next to the cervix that will help enduce me, but I can't find anything on the net.  I still want to stay far away from an epidural but am afraid that the pitocin will make the contractions too powerful and will limit me to my bed. 

Thank you so much for any info you can share, I'm frustrated and scared and want to make sure that I make all the right decisions for myself and my son.

Amie

My son Evan was still born by cesarean section on 6-7-10.  OB said that the cord had clotted and was in knots.  It has been a very hard time for me as I am second guessing all the decisions I made throughout the pregnancy.  I am wondering if I shouldn't of just had a cesarean section at 39 weeks like some doctors had suggested.  I know that I am not to blame and no one could of predicted what happened but I can't help but to punish myself.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement you gave me during the last couple of weeks during my pregnancy.  My husband and I are hopefull for the future and to getting pregnant again.

Amie

Views: 291

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry for your loss, Amie. So heart wrenching.
Amie, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take extra care of yourself physically and emotionally and allow yourself to grieve and heal.
Amie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I also experienced a stillbirth. Please know that you were thinking of what was best for your baby at each step of your pregnancy. Lots of people don't do that and end up with healthy babies, which simply isn't fair. If you want additional support, send me an invite & message.
dear Amie, what terrible news! please don't blame yourself in any way, you did what any other Mom would have done! I hope you can heal soon and find serenity!
warm hugs
Thank you all so much, your guidance has been inspirational. My husband and I are healing slowly but I am confident that soon things will get back to normal.

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service