I was curious if any moms on here used to work full-time? I used to work in banking and for several years after getting my MBA was career focused. That is until I had my first baby and the thought of putting her in daycare tore me up so I decided to stay at home. Now I am a mom of 3 (recently had my third this past April) and eventhough I founded an online advocacy group for moms www.empoweredmommies.com, I am still at home full-time.
Was curious how other moms adjusted to life at home? Was it easy, hard? How did you cope?
:) Would love to hear stories of transitioning to SAHM.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I worked full-time as my husband's office manager in his high-volume Chiropractic office until we had our baby 3 months ago. I thought that I would work in his office one or two days a week with baby in tow, but since she's been born, I have only done a little work from home. We had decided that I should be a full-time stay at home mom because we both knew that raising our daughter was best done by her mommy. I believe that it is the most important job in the world to be a stay at home home mom and I feel very blessed to be in a financial situation to do so. I could not imagine someone else experiencing all that I have with my daughter so far and each milestone to come. I found it was very easy to transition from full-time career girl into full-time Mommy.
I myself am a new sahm, for the past 4 months. I have 3 little girls, who are 6, 4, and 2.5 , also I am 5 months pregant with our little boy . I am a licensed hemodialysis nurse. I have aloways worked , since I was 15 years old. The change came somewhat quick for me . My mother in law was watching our children, 3 days a week when i would work. When we found out we were pregnant we had disided I would stay at home when the baby was born, but she got angry and stopped watching them. I had to quit my job. So i wanted to be at home ,but not right away . I had wanted to prepare a bit. That did not happen. I was not ready. We are not finacialy ready either. I guess everything happends for a reason. I have to let God be in chanrge. Seems the past few weeks have been the hardest for me personaly. The change for my husband , now i am expected to do everything at home ,he is always at work, and he feels like he does not make enough money still. i have a lot of emotions inside and comment on nothing it seems. His family hates m,e , thinks I'm worthless, sometimes i think he thinks the same. But he says he is happy that i am here with our kids. He and his family are so set on money that since i no longer make any I feel like I am not worth anything any more . I was wondering if anyone ele felt like this. What did they do about it ect....

RSS

FOLLOW US ON

Follow My Best Birth on Twitter or join us on Facebook.

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by MyBestBirth Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service